User-Experience Software Designer
Jobs at:The Ihangane Project
Deadline of this Job:
24 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Alongside front-line health care workers and the Rwanda Ministry of Health, The Ihangane Project is creating Rwanda’s first point-of-care digital health record. This digital health record, called E-Heza, will dramatically improve maternal and child health outcomes by giving nurses the tools they need to adopt evidence-based clinical care protocols, provide high-quality care and utilize real-time data trends to both tailor health education to individual family needs and to improve the health care delivery system while simultaneously satisfying Rwanda Ministry of Health data reporting requirements. E-HEZA is designed for replication throughout Sub Saharan Africa.
E-HEZA is Community based Organization based in Ruli, Gakenke District is looking to hire a User-Experience (UX) Designer to support the expansion of E-Heza to meet the needs of healthcare workers at health center. The UX Designer will help us with our ongoing design projects for one of the first point-of-care digital health record systems in Rwanda. Duties include conducting user research, helping analyze our designs to align with clinical protocols, work on user flows, developing visual designs, and creating functional prototypes. You will work collaboratively with consultants, executive staff, and E-HEZA team throughout the planning and development lifecycle.
In this position, you will help in the design development of a user interface that saves lives. You will be responsible for the design of mobile user experiences for nurses as part of a suite of visual clinical data collection and diagnostic tools with an expanding set of capabilities. We are looking for a person who has a deep passion for design and an ability to work collaboratively to make her/his work into an implementation that healthcare users will want to use to serve their patients. You will be constantly challenged to leverage your creativity and your technical skills to meet users’ needs and extend their ability to use E-HEZA and the clinical data it generates.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Able to develop mock-ups, flow diagrams, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes
• Experience with design tools (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects, Quartz Composer, Framer Studio, or other design tools)
• Support usability testing, developing user experience standards and requirements .
• Produce and test design deliverables such as interaction flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
• Support design sprints side-by-side with our executive team and consultants
• Work directly with the E-HEZA team and consultants to ensure designs are implemented as effective user experiences
• Assist in primary user research
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in graphic design, user experience design, human-computer interaction or related field, and/or 2-3 years of design project experience (professional or academic)
• Creative, reliable, enthusiastic, and hardworking
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-starter and collaborative
• Knowledge of data management systems (DHIS2 and OpenMRS)
• Empathic, patient, problem solver
• Possess an understanding of healthcare delivery infrastructure in Rwanda
• Demonstrated ability to interact with different cultural groups
• Strong background in user-centered design principle
• 3+ years of design projects (professional, academic or internships)
• Digital design experience preferred
• E-HEZA is headquartered in Ruli, Rwanda. Ruli is in a rural community in the beautiful hills of the Northern Province in Rwanda.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2-3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To start the application process, send a cover letter, resume/CV, and at least 3 design project work samples (PDF attachment or website link) at [email protected]
The closing date for the submission of applicants is June 24, 2020. No late applications will be accepted.