- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Rwanda
About the Role:
To ensure effective management of the organization fleet and meeting all transportation requirements of the Programme and supporting function. Act as a temporal driver in replacement of permanent drivers on leave or in case of need of extra hours for weekend duties. Avail themselves whenever there is need In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Driving SCI Staffs, Guests, Partners, and Materials daily to their desired destinations.
- Keeping the office travel board updated.
- Keeping vehicle transport requests records.
- Ensuring that good driving practices and security of the vehicle is of a high standard.
- Ensuring that driving safety procedures are respected by all Save the Children staff.
- Making vehicle monthly fuel consumption report to the line manager.
- Notifying the line manager any maintenance and vehicle repairs due.
- Carrying out daily checking of all vehicle.
- Filling out the vehicle logbook.
- Keeping the vehicle in clean and good condition.
- Carrying out courier delivery.
- Assisting the line manager in following up maintenance and upkeep of office and international staff houses.
Qualifications and experience
- Rwandan Nationality;
- At least secondary education.
- Possesses a valid national driving permit of category, B
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a similar position within either a public organization, a government project or a highly recognized private organization
Contract length: Temporary (Need basis)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Interested candidates should send their applications (Application Letter plus CV renamed under an applicant’s name.) to email@example.com with “ Driver” as the email subject.
- Apart from mentioned above, no other attachment is allowed
- Only applications in stated above conditions will be considered
The deadline for receiving applications is 6 th September 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*