Technical Works Group Leader A2 (13/19 KG)
Jobs at:British High Commission (BHC)
Deadline of this Job:
18th October 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
View Vacancy – Technical Works Group Leader A2 (13/19 KG)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory Estates
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
To lead all Technical Team and control their Works and ensure all the work done at the office and DFID&FCO properties comply with FCO standard.
Roles and responsibilities
The TWGL will be supervised by the Estate Manager B3 (L) .
The main duties will include:
• Supervise contractors and ensure that their works are up to UK standards, work are delivered according to maintainability and Compatibility according to Health and Safety standards
• To coach and mentor other technical staff (electrician, plumber and general technicians) and ensure they carry out work as Corporate Services Level Agreement
• To liaise with the Estates Manager, and store manager on material required for technical works.
• Drafting the specifications of required materials and techniques and methods to be used by technicians and contractors in technical works.
• To monitor Technical works KPIs and ensure feedback from Customer is collected after each work has been completed and worked on
• Communicate to customers on progress of works being done in their properties
• Filling Estates related documents (Inspection reports, H&S documents, etc)
• Work closely with the Estate Manager to ensure the annual preventive plan is implemented as per FCO policy and guidance
• Work closely with Estates Manager to ensure that data on Pyramid is appropriately updated
• To carry out any other tasks or instructions given by the line manager
• Lead 2XS1 Technicians and 2 X S1 General Technicians
• Supervision of Technical contractors
Desirable qualifications, skills, and experience
• Knowledge of electrical Installation to International Standards
• Knowledge of metal Works, masonry and carpentry works
• Knowledge of white goods reparations
• Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience
• At least 3 years previous technical supervisory experience.
• Having an advanced experience in electrical installation or electricity/A2 in electricity
• Having a Diploma in Construction or equivalent
• Technical Craft Certificate
• Having an experience or a knowledge in general property maintenance
• A current full driving license
• Very good spoken Kinyarwanda and English Language both verbal and written
• Basic computer literacy.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma in Construction
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Kigali are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Rwanda.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: EO=B3
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
To apply click here: https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/10516-Technical-Works-Group-Leader-A2-13-19-KG/en-GB
Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.