Supply Chain Assistant
About the Role:
The Supply Chain Assistant will help with the following:
Assist in procurement activities and warehouse/asset management.
Assist in overall fleet management
Assist in general duties as assigned, Correspondences, and other routine duties.
Qualifications and experience
- Ensuring the appropriate storage and physical condition of stocks according to the specific requirements.
- Keep Records and update asset register with line manager review.
- Oversee distribution and transportation of items from the country office to Field offices or vis-versa.
- Keeping vehicle transport requests form from the user departments and generate the movement plans every week and Ensuring that all field transport requirements are met
- Keeping up-to-date the sub-office travel board and allocate tasks to the drivers as per weekly movements plans
- Managing the rotation for the drivers and ensuring that good driving practices and security of vehicle is of high standard
- Ensuring that driving safety procedures are respected by all Save the Children staff
- Manage fuel- fuelling of vehicles, generators, preparing consumption reports, and flagging issues that require management actions
- Carrying out daily checking of all vehicle as per policy and log book and filling both for Vehicle and Generator log book
- Liaise with the appointed garage to ensure maintenance service is carried out on time and notifying the line manager of any maintenance and vehicle repairs due.
- Manage and report all incidences involving the vehicles- accidents, breakdowns, etc…
- Perform any other task as delegated by the line manager.
- Timely Record all procurement requests and payments.
- Timely process Purchase Orders based only on Frameworks Agreements.
- Work with the Head Driver to Generate fuel monthly report for vehicle and Generator
- Work with the Head Driver to keep the fleet well organized and plans in place
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
- We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th April, 2021.