Jobs at:Land O’Lakes Venture37
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress. .
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Ensures that transportation and logistics requirements are met as directed.
• Assures passenger safety.
• Drive the project vehicles on scheduled and approved routes and ensure that the Vehicle Logbook is properly recorded and maintained.
• Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, and water and tire pressures. Read and understand specific vehicle operating manual and is able to operate every device in the car.
• Liaise with the Office Administrator to ensure the Project Vehicle Road License and Insurance Policy are up to date.
• Maintain automobile in clean (inside and out), polished, flawless operating condition.
• Maintain records of work performed and make timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
• Offer suggestions to the Management Team on how to further increase the efficiency of the vehicle operations with the aim of reducing costs with little-to-no impacts on vehicle operations
• Safeguarding of organizational assets
• Understand, respect, and promote Venture37’s values and vision in the implementation of assigned duties. Provide information and other general assistance to the Venture37 staff, visitors, and designated partners.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Office Manager/Administrator.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary school certificate (Senior 6).
• Holder of Category B driving license with verified good driving record.
• At least three years of related work experience as a driver in an official capacity for an established organization.
• Strong customer service orientation and demonstrated experience participating and collaborating as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of routes and roads within the main areas of operation for the project, including Kigali city.
• Thorough understanding of vehicle motor and operations. Ability to perform basic maintenance and basic mechanical adjustments is required.
• English language, written and verbal communication, intermediate level preferred. Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and CV including names of at least 3 relevant referees to Rwanda Orora Wihaze at [email protected] on or before the closing date of September 4, 2020.