Program Manager- New Product Development (NPD)
Deadline of this Job:
07 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Program Manager- New Product Development (NPD)
Minimex, the largest maize milling company in Rwanda, is engaging in a program to expand its product line. This new product line has the potential of becoming a core product for the company. The company is on the verge of starting the implementation of the program and seeks a Program Manager to support senior management in proper execution of its mandate in the program.
Key stakeholders in the program are the Government of Rwanda, the Rockefeller Foundation as the driver of the whole grain initiative in Africa, the Board of the Minimex and consultants involved in the program.
About The Program Manager’s Role
We are looking to hire an individual to drive the implementation of the program and to bring our new products to market. The Program Manager will serve as the primary contact for current and future stakeholders vested in further development of Minimex’s products.
Specific responsibilities of the role will include:
• Coordinate activities and ensure mobilization of requirements and resources to complete the implementation of the program.
• Monitor and control progress of the program against deliverables, timelines,and the budget.
• Review and adjust the program plan in view of changes to budgets and timelines.
• Support both internal and external stakeholders in the implementation of the program.
• Submit interim reports to Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
• Ensure efficient and timely communication with program stakeholders.
Sales and Marketing:
• Develop growth strategies and plans.
• Increasing strategic client base through presentations and other customer acquisition strategies.
• Act as the point person for coordinating other departments pertaining to sales and business development specific to the new products.
• Researching business opportunities and viable income streams.
• Coordinate activities and requirements necessary to ensure that the company’s efforts towards bringing its new products to market align with safety and regulatory frameworks.
• Ensure compliance with relevant standards and governing bodies.
New Product Development (NPD):
• Ensure proper completion of the NPD process by engaging relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordinate the handover of the program to senior management and the board of directors.
Skills and Experience sought:
• Bachelors of Business in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
• Project/ Program Management experience
• Excellent English oral and written skills
• Excellent Marketing skills
• Good research and analytical skills
• Excellent leadership and people management skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to details
• Strong interpersonal skills are highly recommended for this position
Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required.
Preferred Start Date:As soon as possible
Duration of the Contract:5 months. This duration can be extended.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Deadline: June 7, 2021
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply here by submitting your resumé/CV and a cover letter. For questions, please reach out to [email protected] .