Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Technicians
Jobs at:DSPA (R) Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
29 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DSPA (R) Ltd is an international company specialized in all mechanical and electrical systems including fire and security. We operate in all East African countries. We provide internationally compliant solutions and hardware to provide 24/7 protection of life safety and high-value resources. We offer standard and tailor-made solutions and products to meet the specific needs of customers in the residential houses, commercial houses, industries, banks, hospitals, military, mining government sector, telecommunication, etc. We are also an official distributor of DSPA products in East Africa. We possess expertise within the fire and security sectors including a pool of experienced high skilled technicians and engineers qualified to carry out design, installation, and project management and auditing of fire safety and integrated security systems. DSPA Rwanda is currently looking for dedicated, qualified, and self-motivated team players, reliable individuals with experience in the security and fire management and protection services to fill the following vacant positions at the company: .
The MEP technician should have the required skills, qualifications,s, and experience in the firefighting system, access control, fingerprint, CCTV, and fire alarm installation and maintenance.
• Install and program different fire and security systems such as fire alarm systems, fire suppression, CCTV, access control, fingerprints, ACs, and other mechanical systems the guidance of building plans and electrical layouts.
• Mount sensors at appropriate locations, performing all necessary tasks, such as drilling holes for cabling and accessing locations such as crawlspaces or attics to ensure optimal wiring layouts.
• Install all wiring to connect system components, complying with all applicable safety standards and with customer’s concerns or preferences.
• Be able to demonstrate to the clients how to use a fire alarm system, firefighting system, and related security systems and be able to discuss any questions or concerns and ensure customers are fully satisfied with the service they receive.
• Inspect and test CCTV, firefighting, and all security systems to ensure all components are performing well and comply with safety requirements.
• Review installation manuals, building plans, and work orders to plan optimal locations for system components and wiring
• Identify and repair malfunctions in system components or wiring, including ordering and installing replacement parts as necessary
• Compose and submit documentation and reports for each installation or repair visit at the client site, complying with the company’s standard operating procedure
• Install and program fire alarm system wiring and equipment.
• Maintain or repair systems to ensure that installations and maintenance are in compliance with building codes, safety standards, and other relevant requirements.
• Be able to provide demonstrations for customers, answering questions regarding usage of the system, identifying the causes of false alarms and consequence.
• Prepare cost estimates, customer invoices and warranties
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Skills & Qualifications
• Advanced Diploma (A1) in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing from a recognised University or Rwanda Polytechnic. Having an Associate or technical degree in field related to fire alarm or electronics installation and repair is an added advantage.
• Must be registered and have a license to conduct Industrial and Electrical Installations.
• Be able to perform a highly physical job and be comfortable working at height
• Be an active member of the Institute of Engineers of Rwanda or equivalent
• Must be able to speak and write good English and Kinyarwanda.
• Must have proficiency in operating alarm panels, including GE, Ademco, and others
• Should possess top customer service skills
• Networking experience with security, CCTV, fire fighting, Fire alarm, access control, systems
• Must have Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software knowledge
• Thorough knowledge of electronic equipment and how to service, maintain, calibrate and assess machines and tools
• Ability to conduct tests and inspections of systems, products, and processes
• Having a fire protection certificate from any in-service training is also an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8