Maintenance and security Officer
Jobs at:Madras Hotel Apartments
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Maintenance & Security Officer
Reports to: Leasing & Marketing Officer
Maintenance & Security officers are responsible for the security and safety of the hotel, guests, employees, visitors, and vendors; and for providing exceptional service for our guests. Officers have the opportunity to interact with our guests and associates by assisting them with questions, directions, incident reports, problems, and in emergency situations. Other duties include supporting the Front Office operation, maintaining accurate logs, filling out incident reports, and completing building patrols. The candidate must have overnight availability. Work shifts and hours vary, weekend and holiday hours required. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
We expect our associates to provide warm, friendly service with a genuine smile and pleasant attitude. Our goal is to make each guest feel like they are a welcomed friend. We look for team players who are willing to learn and who seek opportunities to grow. Prior customer service and hospitality experience is helpful and required. Ideal candidates will be highly organized and detail-oriented, conduct themselves in a professional manner, and be comfortable working alone or with others. Must have strong communication skills and be able to work a flexible schedule. Hours will range from 32-40 hours per week including nights, weekends, and holidays. .
• Prior experience as an Apartment Maintenance Technician or in a similar role.
• Crime prevention through foot patrol of all interior & exterior property of the Hotel
• Enforce the rules and regulations set forth by the respective Hotel Home Owner's Association
• Ensure the safety of resort guests, employees, and property owners and provide assistance when necessary
• Respond to and answer all calls for service from guests and staff
• Assist the Mountain Patrol with the investigation of guest and staff injuries
• Respond to alarms (fire, smoke, intrusion) coordinate emergency response
• Provide basic first aid if called upon
• Conduct housekeeping duties when called upon
• Handle routine maintenance issues when called upon
• Maintain contact with the Front Desk Staff
• Oiling doorknobs, locks, hinges, and gates, as required.
• Repairing and unclogging toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, and exterior drains.
• Replacing carpets and wooden floors.
• Installing and repairing wires, plugs, and switches.
• Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors in communal areas.
• Painting communal areas and exterior walls.
• Disposing of trash found in communal areas.
• Tracking inventory to ensure that you have adequate maintenance supplies.
• Ensuring that fire extinguishers, hydrants, alarms, and emergency exits remain in excellent working condition at all times.
• Unlocking apartments in instances where tenants have lost or forgotten their keys.
• Scheduling repairs that warrant special technical skills
• Maintain contact with Mountain Patrol Officer
• Maintain accurate and thorough duty log during shift
• Other tasks as required by the department
• Male candidates with prior maintenance & security experiences are highly encouraged to apply
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Candidates are responsible for the efficient performance of required duties in conformity with the rules, regulations, and procedures of the Public Safety and Security department at Sunday River. A high school degree and a valid driver's license required
• We are looking for motivated hotel maintenance & security task accomplisher with fantastic interpersonal and hospitality skills!
• This property maintenance position assists the Engineer with the upkeep of all hotel fixtures, materials, and mechanical devices. He or she will perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance as well as repairs as needed.
• Comply with all company safety standards and procedures
• Perform regular preventive maintenance as directed by the Chief Engineer.
• Perform necessary repairs as directed by the Chief Engineer.
• If maintenance or repairs are outside the Maintenance Engineer’s skill level, they are to work with the Chief Engineer to schedule/ monitor an outside contractor as soon as possible without interfering with the guest experience.
• Periodically check the hotel’s fixtures, materials, and mechanical devices to ensure the working order and to address any issues that may be discovered. This includes monitoring, recording, and reporting as well as repairing guest rooms, common areas, etc. on hotel property.
• Maintain all maintenance workshops and storage areas in a clean, tidy, and organized manner, clean and maintain lifts (daily)
• Maintain proper radio conduct and etiquette at all times.
• Lift 30-50lbs as needed, stand/walk the majority of the day
• be a friendly/outgoing and honest individual, open to learning and taking direction as required
• Perform maintenance duties as assigned in a timely fashion
This position is for full-time: the candidate must be willing to work on the weekend as needed, show up on time, and work in groups and independently as needed.
*candidate's with previous maintenance, security & hospitality experience are encouraged to apply/
Note: Interested candidates shall submit their application letter, updated CV scanned with passport photo indicating names and addresses of three referees, copies of their degrees and /or certificates, and copies of transcripts.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The application shall be addressed to the Managing Director of MADRAS HOTEL APARTMENTS by sending the applications to the following email: [email protected] not rather than Wednesday, January 20th, by 22Pm. Madras Hotel Apartments reserves the right to refuse late applications. Only selected candidates shall be contacted for an interview on Monday 25th, January 2021.
Done at Kigali, December 27th, 2020
Oreste B. Managing Director
MADRAS HOTEL APARTMENTS