Jobs at:The Wellspring Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Wellspring Foundation for Education is currently working in the Districts of Gasabo and Rubavu through our dynamic education programs to support teachers, leaders, and the school community in the promotion of quality education for children. The role of Logistics Manager is key to the successful implementation of program activities.
Under the oversight of our Director of Operations, the Logistics Manager will work as part of program and project teams to support program implementation through planning and organising logistics for field activities and supporting with events management. In addition, the Logistics Manager will support with procurement of services and products, will manage Wellspring’s assets, facilities, and fleet of vehicles, and will also manage logistics for international staff and visitors.
The successful candidate will be a great team player with a proactive can-do and problem-solving approach, excellent time and task management skills, have experience in managing resources, and will work successfully as part of a fun-loving cross-cultural team. .
Logistics and Event Management
• Take a supportive role in planning and managing events and logistics for program activities, in collaboration with the Kigali-based program managers, including but not limited to management of venues, accommodation, catering, and cash allowances for program participants.
• Take a leading and collaborative role in managing and coordinating logistics for international visitors, including but not limited to management of accommodation, visa applications, cultural briefings, and transport, in collaboration with colleagues in Canada and Rwanda.
• Manage and maintain Wellspring’s vehicle fleet and vehicle database in Kigali in accordance with our vehicle use policy and procurement policy, and provide support to the Rubavu Finance and Operations Manager in this.
• Work closely with the Senior Driver to manage the deployment of drivers and vehicles according to the program needs and in a cost effective way. Arrange appropriate transportation if Wellspring’s own vehicles and drivers are not sufficient.
• Prepare monthly fuel reports for the Director of Operations
Job Skills: Not Specified
At least Bachelor in Business & Administration or any other relevant field (required)
Professional Experience and Skills
• At least four years’ experience in a Logistics or Operational role preferably with an NGO (required)
• Experience of providing logistics and event management support to programs (required)
• Experience in fleet management (required)
• Experience working with vendors and service providers, managing procurement, and negotiating service contracts (required)
• Experience in managing a team (desired)
• Experience in budget management (desired)
• Good communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda (oral and written) (required)
• Good IT skills (Microsoft Word & Excel) (required)
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply, send:
• Completed Wellspring ‘Employment Application Form’ (available to download at the RENCP website or by email from [email protected] )
• A word processed cover letter explaining why you would like this job and why you are a suitable candidate (max 1 page – longer letters will be rejected)
• A full Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of 2 professional referees and 1 referee from your place of worship (max 3 pages – longer CVs will be rejected)
• A scanned copy of your ID
• A statement of faith* (max 1 page – longer statements will be rejected)