Lecturer In Wildlife Management
Jobs at:Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Kitabi
Deadline of this Job:
16th September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Integrated Polytechnic Regional College Kitabi .
Teaching and Learning
• To contribute to teaching and learning at diploma level and tailor made short Courses, through:
• Design, preparation and development of
• Module teaching materials.
• Delivery of Modules through lectures, seminars, tutorials and other supervisory and coaching methods.
• Assessing courses by setting and marking assignments and examination papers.
• Attending assessment board meetings
• Contribute to the development and implementation of innovative methods of teaching, learning and assessment, including open and web – based learning, as part of the College’s learner – centered (Competence – based Learning) approach to education.
• Deliver and supervise students’ examinations as per the set standards
• Liaise closely with teaching, technical and administrative staff to ensure quality teaching
• Give advice and guidance to students to support their academic progress through the college
• Pro – actively contribute to the development of the curriculum, module, and program reviewing
Research, Scholarship and Consultancy activities
• Supervise the internships, field studies and students’ research activities
• Undertake any appropriate continuous Professional development trainings to enhance professional skills.
• Pursue opportunities for academic research, publication and funded consultancy.
• Pursue funded opportunities for research, publication and consultancy
• Contribute to the establishment of new and maintenance of the existing collaborative links with national and international professional bodies: commercial, public, private or voluntary with similar interests.
• Contribute in searching for scholarships for students from both national and international funding bodies
• Assist in strengthening and developing existing cross – institutional collaborative links
Management and Administration
• Liaise with the head of academic and research to carry out planning and budgeting of department’s activities and programs;
• Assist the Director of Academic Programs in overall administration and academic tasks regarding the department;
• Manage the operation of specific Modules or where appropriate manage a specific program;
• Contribute to the administration of the academic framework at college;
• Attend department, program, module and college wide meetings and committees as appropriate;
• Liaise with and assist others in the administration and management of programs;
• Propose and assist in the recruitment of lecturers and other academic staff to the college;
• Perform any other relevant tasks as required from time to time by the college management.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s degree in wildlife Management, Biodiversity Conservation, Zoology, Botany, Natural Resources Management and environmental studies or other related fields.
• At least 2 years’ experience in teaching courses related to biodiversity conservation/ natural resources and exposure in field studies & research activities.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Applications/Apply/4068