Deadline of this Job:
29 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ICPAR was established by law number 11 of 2008 to grow and regulate the accountancy profession in Rwanda. It is the only professional accountancy organization (PAO) mandated by law to regulate the accountancy profession in Rwanda. To drive the Institute’s growth and development and further enhance its reputation and influence in the region, ICPAR announces the following job openings: .
The Information Technology Manager is a key person in the Strategy and Institutional Sustainability department (SIS), reporting to the Director SIS and is a member of the management team of the department. The IT Manager manages the Institutes’ management information systems. The post holder is accountable for developing, managing, maintaining, and enhancing the institutes’ IT system.
• Develop strategy and review performance of the Institutes’ IT systems; • Develop, review, monitor, and evaluate ICT Blueprint implementation; • Drive ICT Blueprint Implementation;
• Develop proposals and recommendations to senior management in relation to opportunities to change, re-engineer or streamline business processes;
• Manage IT Service providers;
• Implement the ICPAR ICT Policy and ensuring it is regularly updated;
• Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT resources and operations • Provide IT support to all departments;
• Develop relevant software applications where applicable;
• Maintain ICPAR ICT systems;
• Ensure that the business applications software are working correcting and continually respond to ICPAR business needs;
• Support the procurement of appropriate hardware and software;
• Ensure sensitive data are secured and protected;
• Perform regular data backup of the institute;
• Adhere to the institute IT policies and procedures;
• Exercise overall control of IS/IT expenditure;
• Monitor the usage of IT equipment;
• Advise on all matters related to IS/IT;
• Provide cost-effective IS/IT services in response to business needs;
• Promote the Benefits of technology and educate managers and staff in its use;
• Ensure all IT assets are safeguarded and properly maintained in good working order.
• Work closely with the inventory manager to perform analysis of inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data, and reduce sub-rental expenses.
• Professional Certificates such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP), MCSA/ MCSE, ITIL, OCP, CISSP, PMP, CISM etc;
• Masters of Information Technology, Business of IT, Software Engineering, IT Project Management and other equivalent related qualification with at least three years of experience;
• 5 years of working experience in a recognized institution in an IT Project management or any managerial position in an IT environment;
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
• Ability to make recommendations for business processes re-engineering, elaboration, and implementation of a new system;
• Having worked in an interactive and Online systems environment;
• Proven experience with programming languages such as JAVA and PHP;
• Experience in Database Management;
Knowledge, skills, and attitude
• Ability to undertake Computer Systems Changes;
• Computer Network Systems;
• Proven experience with database management systems;
• High level of Communication and Negotiating skills;
• Ability to recognise and appreciate the confidential nature of work;
• Evidence of commitment to strategy and sustainability services.
• Good decision maker and dependable;
• Flexible and ready to undertake a wide range of tasks to meet emergencies and changing circumstances;
• A Strategic thinker and Creative;
• A good mentor and Team worker;
• Excellent report Writing Skills and Analytical Skills;
• Good Leadership Skills;
• A good Negotiator; and
• Manages time well.
• Key member of Strategy and sustainability Department (SIS)
• Reports to the Director of Strategy and Sustainability Department.
• Regular communications with Internal and external stakeholders.
• Support to other departments.
• Competitive salary
• Our relentless commitment to personal development and career growth
• Working with the best people to build a strong, relevant, and sustainable accountancy profession that is at the heart of national development
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The above-mentioned positions are senior posts requiring a strong educational underpinning, a track record of achievement in developing people, delivering change, and meeting demanding targets.
Interested applicants should send their applications together with their CVs, giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact details including daytime telephone number, to: [email protected] by Tuesday, 29th December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Rwandan Nationals.
Candidates that had previously expressed interest are not required to apply again.