Jobs at:Rwanda Engineering and Manufacturing (REMCO)
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REMCO is an engineering & manufacturing company that started in 2018 and owned by the government of Rwanda. REMCO was established to manufacture machines, equipment, and spare parts that were mostly imported in sectors of Agriculture mechanization, Construction, Mining, Automotive, Energy, Defense, and Health care equipment. REMCO also provides technical support for other local, regional companies through training, repair, and maintenance services.
As the industrial policy master plan recommends the Government to take the lead in investing in industries of high priority, REMCO provides a vehicle to implement this policy and serves as an anchor company for coordinated and rapid industrial growth. It is focused on priority areas of import substitution, job creation, and export-oriented growth as reflected in vision 2020 and Vision 2050. REMCO products are manufactured within modern and well-equipped machine shop and foundry facilities. REMCO uses advanced machines, such as CNC machines, conventional lathe & milling machines, CAD/CAM Labs, and an ultramodern Ferrous Casting Unit (Steel and Cast Iron) to produce multifaceted products through Induction Furnace melting with no-bake reclamation molding system. .
: • Select and mix coating paints to desired color and prepare spraying equipment, such as cleaning or adjusting spray guns
• Prepare metals for painting and coating with sanding/grinding hand tools and power tools as needed
• Willingness to take direction from area lead, follow that direction, and be a self-starter when not working under direct supervision
• Capable of reading and understanding technical documents, such as paint mixing procedures, and maintain sprayer equipment as required
• Ability and desire to become efficient with painting techniques, meet company productivity rates, maintain mil thickness, and learn all aspects of the job as required
• Clean spraying equipment with solvent or other recommended cleaning solutions daily
• Maintain the paint mix room, paint booth and all equipment while following company safety policies
• Maintain proper respiratory care and operation, and use the breathing air supply system when spraying epoxy paints
Job Skills: Not Specified
: • Technical diploma in production, mechanical, electrical, industrial or similar
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in industrial or auto body paint, in use of paint sprayer and appropriate equipment, and preparing metals for finish coats and painting.
• Attention to detail
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Familiar with operating and safety procedures and equipment for plural component spray units, airless spray pumps, and conventional spray pots.
• Must be able to wear a full-face respirator or blast hood for extended periods
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must send their detailed CV listing at least three references with a letter of motivation to: [email protected] , Please remember to add the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.