Implementation Support Assistant
Jobs at:The Ihangane Project
Deadline of this Job:
13 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Implementation support assistant Job description.
Executive Summary: E-Heza is a digital health record built by and for frontline healthcare workers to dramatically improve maternal and child health outcomes by giving them the tools they need to adopt evidence-based clinical care protocols, provide high-quality care, and utilize real-time data trends to tailor health education to individual family needs.
Purpose of the position
Implementation support assistants will work within the Health Innovation Team. He/she will work closely and be directly supervised by the Implementation support lead. He /she will ensure the effective use of E-Heza at each health center and community level and its expansion and will play a key liaison role between Health care providers (nurses and CHWs) and The Ihangane Project. .
• Be a part of a team of people ensuring that E-heza is implemented in a thoughtful, well- supported, and effective way
• Serve as the lead contact for daily HCPs interaction and implementation activities to all sites for E-heza expansion.
• Coach and prepare HCPs for successful rollouts of the applications. Ensure effective transfer of information learned in training to the work environment.
• Promote the implementation of E-heza usage to the health care providers in order to correctly ensure accurate clinical care data.
• Continue to monitor and evaluate HCP in utilizing E-Heza.
• Provide and facilitate E-heza training/refreshers/CQI with nurses at the health centers and community level.
• Provide heavy hands-on guidance during the first 2-months of launching E-Heza and follow up at each health facility and community to support HCP learning to use the app.
• Evaluate and monitor the E-heza expansion process.
• Conduct E-heza Proficiency and/or Clinical OCL each time an FBF health assessment is carried out in health facilities.
• Work with HCs and Community each month to ensure the new cases are registered on time.
• Assist in planning and preparation of E-heza launching if needed
• Train and monitor Health center staff (Head of the health center, C-EHO, Nutritionist, etc…) to do follow up on E-heza implementation in the villages.
• Provide guidance and support to CHWs to effectively perform the use of E-heza.
• Participate in e-heza expansion site visit assessment in new area/other catchment areas.
• Learning new releases and functionality in preparation for the next implementation
• Lead and support all aspects of E-heza implementation
• Track and report key implementation progress metrics
• Prioritizing and escalating issues when needed and keeping nurse informed of progress
• Follow up with E-heza activities calendar in health facilities and community (date for HA ) and communicate to Implementation support lead at the time
• Identify gaps in E-heza functionality at the site to enhance our products /Ensure that lessons and experiences from E-heza implementation are identified, captured and synthesized
• Coordinate, track, monitor and regularly report on an implementation program
• Complete daily/monthly reports and send/report to E-heza team.
• Communicate any E-Heza challenges on a regular basis to the implementation support lead
• Regular follow up on tablet usage, its maintenance and communicate to the implementation support Lead
Flexibility to support other team members to achieve the organization goal when needed
• A great communicator. You communicate in a professional and personable manner. You’re not afraid to work with stakeholders and local authorities.
• Time management skills with deadline respect
• Teamwork spirit
• Innovative skills
• Team Player. You love being the coordinator, go-between, and referee when needed.
• Best practices. You are always looking for ways to make things better, faster and more
• Streamlined – both for HCPs and Stakeholders and internally.
• You love working with HCPs to come up with ways to improve the E-heza to make their work better.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Computer skills
E-HEZA is headquartered in Ruli, Rwanda. Ruli is in a rural community in the beautiful hills of the Northern Province in Rwanda.
• Any Degree in nursing, social studies, nutrition, public health, and business-related sciences with five years of professional experience in health systems using Digital health systems or health-related information systems.
• Experience of 5 years working in the health domain.
• Effective communication with all TIP stakeholders to foster trust and relationship building which strengthens sustainable and effective program impact. This can happen by telephone, in written form, e-mail, presentation, or in person.
• Ability to both works independently and, in a team, meeting deadlines and perform well under pressure.
• Computer literacy & skilled navigating through multiple screens. Knowledge of Microsoft office usage, internet explorer, and SPSS.
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda, and having French skills will be an advantage
• Patience and leadership skills.
• Organizational and prioritizing work skills.
• Ability to realistically determine the quality and quantity needed for different activities.
• Willingness to occasionally work extra time hours according to the existing situation
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To start the application process, send a cover letter and resume/CV at [email protected] and [email protected]
The closing date for the submission of applicants is July 13, 2020.
No late applications will be accepted.