HR and Communication Officer
Jobs at:Rwanda ICT Chamber
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda ICT Chamber is an arm of the Private Sector Federation (PSF). Established in 2011, the Rwanda ICT Chamber is the leading partner for organizations to share experience, network, and meet key players in the Rwandan ICT sector. At ICT Chamber, we help our members to work with the right associations, companies, and individuals and ensuring that they get the needed skills, opportunities, and tools to grow. .
About the Position
The ICT Chamber is seeking an HR and Communication Officer who will provide capable hands-on support for the effective delivery of Human resources, communications, and events, by working effectively with management to execute allocated responsibilities. More specifically this will include supporting the continuous improvement of our HR frameworks, supporting recruitment efforts, creating and supporting internal and external communication channels, project and event management, and taking ownership for a variety of other projects, responsibilities, and tasks.
The successful candidate will be able to use their initiative, self-driven attitude, attention to detail, and creativity to effectively and autonomously deliver on these responsibilities to make an overall improvement in the way these essential functions are managed across the organization. The successful candidate will be flexible, willing to take on a variety of different projects and tasks, excited by an evolving position, and able to adapt quickly to changing business requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
• Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities and services.
• Respond to media inquiries, and arrange interviews
• Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
• Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
• Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, and managing the hiring process
• Create and implement effective onboarding plans
• Develop training and development programs
• Assist in performance management processes
• Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
• Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
• 1-2 years of professional experience in a similar role will be highly valued, but not essential. (Recent graduates are encouraged to apply)
• Formal qualifications in HR and/or marketing (or similar) with strong academic performance will be highly valued.
• Strong Microsoft office skills, and ability to learn new systems and tools.
• Enthusiastic and eager to succeed.
• High level of initiative, self-drive and enthusiasm to succeed and progress.
• Very good organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines, manage expectations, and coordinate priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communications (in English), with very strong attention to detail and the ability to structure thoughts deliberately, logically, and directly.
• General preference and comfort in technical environments.
• Desire to continually learn and improve.
• Ability to be a hands-on hard worker and a 'doer' with a common-sense approach.
• Strategic thinking mindset.
• Naturally strong abstract reasoning skills.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter via email at [email protected]