Canada is a multicultural country in the northern part of North America. It is the second-largest country in the world, measuring nearly ten million square kilometers. Canada is consistently ranked as one of the best countries in the world to live in. It is easy to understand why thousands of people choose Canada every year. From its strong, stable economy and vibrant, cosmopolitan cities to the breathtaking beauty of its natural environment, Canada offers newcomers opportunities and quality of life that are second to none. There are lots of places to look for jobs in Canada. Below is a selection of resources for searching for employment opportunities in Canada as a foreigner.
1.Online job hunting in Canada
The best place for foreigners to look for a job in Canada is online. Online recruitment websites allow you to search according to your criteria, such as sector, salary, and region. You can also post your CV on websites so that companies looking for specific skills can find you.
- Linkedin : This professional social network site enables you to find jobs through your extended network. Additionally, you can join groups, participate in conversations and follow companies you find interesting and relevant to your job search.
- Government of Canada : The site of Government of Canada has useful links for finding job vacancies in Canada.
- Glassdoor Canada : The Canadian version of the big U.S. job search site Glassdoor.com
- Indeed.ca : The Canadian version of the big U.S. job search site Indeed.com.
- Monster.ca :One of the most visited job boards worldwide.
- CareerBuilder Canada : The Canadian version of International employment site CareerBuilder
- Eluta.ca: Another search engine that features various job postings
- Jobillico : My favorite job search engine in Canada. Jobillico displays the best jobs that fit your profile.
- Jobboom.com: Latest jobs in Quebec
- Torontojobs.ca : The best job board in Toronto.
- Careerjet.ca : CareerJet is another worldwide board with a Canadian version
- Craigslist.ca : The world’s largest classified site has a strong presence in Canada too.
- Google jobs: Google recently added Google for Jobs to its search capabilities.
- WOWJobs.ca : Great job search engine in Canada
- Etc …
2.Recruitment companies in Canada
There are some recruitment companies in Canada. Below is the list of credible recruitment companies in Canada
- Work Global Canada : It uses its global network of recruiters to source foreign workers in industries from engineering to agriculture and healthcare
- Canada Connect is an immigration consulting firm that can streamline the process for those who wish to work in Canada
- International Immigration Employment and Recruiting of Canada is a national and international employment agency for Anyone seeking employment in the province of Alberta.
- Euro Labour Infusion is an employment agency based that focuses on finding skilled foreign workers for Canadian employers
- Michael Page : An international executive recruitment website.
- Etc.. .
- In January 2019, Stats Canada reported that the national unemployment rate was only 4.8%. This means that the current job market is competitive.
- Working in Canada temporarily: Every year, thousands of people enter Canada to work temporarily through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. Temporary workers help Canadian employers address shortages of people with particular skills or work experience. In order to work temporarily at most jobs in Canada,You may need a temporary resident visa. To Find out whether you need a visa, and how to qualify for one, you can view the requirements at www.cic.gc.ca/visit .
- Before applying to immigrate to Canada, it is important to consider the requirements to work in Canada, including the steps you may need to take to have your training, qualifications, and experience as a professional, technical or skilled worker recognized in Canada.
Well, there you have it, folks. The best places to find jobs in Canada as a foreigner. For more information be sure to find out:
- If you need a work permit
- Find out if you can apply and how to apply to work in Canada as a temporary worker
- What to do if your work permit is about to expire or if you want to change jobs, open work permits for permanent resident applicants
- If you can apply for the International Experience Canada program , how to become a candidate and what to do after you’re in the pool
- How to Find a job, explore other career opportunities, get your credentials assessed and learn about language training
You can also get more information from the expat communities in Canada here
Good luck with your job search!