Jobs at:Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA)
Deadline of this Job:
27 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will experience the six Enterprises including Beef Cattle and Small Ruminants, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable, and Tree Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization. The curriculum is designed to incorporate threads of Innovation, Conservation, OneHealth Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship. Communication, One Health Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship are woven throughout the curriculum. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or assume positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda. .
We are looking for a Housekeeping Officer to lead our team of room attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service. Housekeeping Officer responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training, and motivating team members, and checking private and public areas for tidiness. Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
• Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks.
• Oversee staff on a daily basis including compliance to a fixed daily/weekly/monthly schedule.
• Frequently and proactively check rooms and common areas, including stairways, offices, and lounge areas, for cleanliness
• Respond to resident complaints and special requests.
• Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach, and rubber gloves.
• 5 years of work experience in a housekeeping/cleaning role at a major hotel chain.
• Evidence of professional training on housekeeping practice (e.g. certificate of training by a major hotel chain).
• Positive attitude and customer facing presentation (friendly, welcoming).
• Organizational and management skills.
• Proficiency in English.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Fill the information required, upload, and submit the documents in English to the link provided below.
Please combine your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before you upload.