The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language undergraduate institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will experience the six Enterprises including Beef Cattle and Small Ruminants, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Tree Crops, Irrigation, and Mechanization. The curriculum is designed to incorporate threads of Innovation, Conservation, OneHealth Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship. Communication, One Health Systems Thinking, and Entrepreneurship are woven throughout the curriculum. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts or assume positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.
As Ken Fix It your responsible for the general maintenance work on a day-to-day basis and to perform the Ken-Fix It maintenance task to the allotted student houses, faculty houses class rooms, and public areas. He / She should be passionate and dynamic maintenance professionals who is able to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide solutions to the community. Additionally, responsible for maintenance/technical attention in accordance with the Ken-Fixit policies and procedures to student houses, faculty houses classrooms, and public areas.
- To assist with campus maintenance work as directed.
- To maintain the equipment and tools in good order and to maintain all stores organized.
- To show the interest in learning all available new technology and the latest products.
- To share in the implementation of the training programs that will result in better productivity and a better work environment.
- To attend the conducted technical training, and to assure the correct implementation.
- Responsible for working with stipulated quotas, for ensuring those areas are left in a safe condition.
- Responsible for the proper use and security of Ken- Fixit equipment and trolley.
- Responsible for engineering related student houses, faculty houses classrooms and public areas requests and response in a timely manner.
- Responsible to repair or replace all types of tiles, floor, and wall as and when required.
- Responsible to repair and fix damaged shelving and furniture when necessary.
- Responsible to repair and replace broken windows, doors, and locks.
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Carry out general repairs to brick or block walls.
- Carry out plaster repair works to walls.
- Carry out general painting works as required.
- Carry out general plumbing, repairs, and silicon sealant replacement, etc.
- Initiates orders for supplies for the trolley and maintain records of work completed.
- Ensure that all Work Order, PPM & General Maintenance works are executed, as directed by the management.
- Ensure workshop area is safe, kept clean and in an orderly manner. Keep close coordination with other facilities staff for smooth operation.
- Follow student houses, faculty houses class rooms and public areas preventive maintenance checklist to individually complete preventative maintenance in efficient and effective manner.
- Accident prevention and safety to be aware of all existing departmental job safety analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe working environment for himself and for others.
- Ability to find fault and rectify systems as and when required.
- Any other duties and tasks as and when assigned by the management.
- A2 certificate in a trade or technical school. Basic computer skills and familiar with Facility Management systems, inventory systems, etc.
- Minimum 3-years experience in Hotel/large facilities maintenance and previous experiences within the plumbing, carpentry, painting or electrical field.
- Must be able to work as a team.
- Able to find the root cause of the issues and have attention to details.
- Self-motivated with a hands-on and flexible approach.
- Able to adapt to unpredictable events.
- Must be pro-active and reliable.
- Able to thrive working in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th February, 2021.