Driver, G-3 (Kigali)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 22 January 2021
DATE OF ISSUANCE : 24 December 2020
OFFICE : Office of the Prosecutor
LOCATION : Kigali
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2020/IRMCT/OTP/076-GS
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the Immediate Office of the Prosecutor, Arusha Branch, Kigali Field Office under the supervision of the Liaison Officer
*Appointment of the successful candidate to this position will be subject to budgetary approval.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Drives vehicles safely for the transport of authorised personnel and general cargo goods.
• Makes regular deliveries of parcels, documents, etc., between the UN office and other offices and institutions, e.g. Ministries, Embassies, Permanent Missions, etc.
• Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required.
• Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
• Takes care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
• Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
• Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• Applies good judgment in the context of assignments given.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Demonstrates commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal
participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work
? Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organisational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
? Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Education : High school diploma (or equivalent).
Experience : A minimum of two years of experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorised vehicles, is required.
Language : English and French are the working languages of the IRMCT. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written Kinyarwanda is required. Fluency in English or French is desirable preferably with the working knowledge of the other.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The appointment is limited to the Mechanism. *Appointment of the successful candidate to this position will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment of the successful candidate on this position will be limited to the initial funding of the post.
Extension of the appointment is subject to the extension of the mandate and/or the availability of funds. Appointments of staff members in the United Nations are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General.
HOW TO APPLY:
NOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
1) Staff at the G-2 and G-3 levels are eligible to apply; the requirement for one year post occupancy is applicable.
2) Interested staff members must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the Mechanism website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a Cover Letter, and the last two ePAS’s ELECTRONICALLY AS ONE DOCUMENT to the [email protected] in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line.
3) Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per OHRM instructions. Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for testing.
NOTE FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
1) External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the Mechanism website (www.irmct.org) and forward electronically AS ONE DOCUMENT to the [email protected] in-box, including copy of a valid Driver’s license (file size must not exceed 500KB). Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line. Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) in the duty station as per OHRM instructions.
Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for testing.
2) The appointment of the successful candidate will be on a local basis.
3) The candidates will need to pass the UN driving test.
NOTE FOR PREVIOUSLY ROSTERED CANDIDATES
Roster candidates must express their interest and availability for published job openings by submitting an updated PHP and cover letter.