The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI)/ Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program-Coordination Unit (NELSAP-CU) is an inter-governmental organization initiated and led by the Nile riparian countries to promote joint development, protection and management of the common Nile Basin water resources.
The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI)/ Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program (NELSAP-CU) now seeks to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the position of a Driver for NELSAP-CU, Kigali.
2. Basic Function:
Ensuring the safety of the vehicle and passengers and maintaining the vehicle assigned to him/her in sound condition. The appointment is for a period of one year with possibility of renewal subject to performance of the driver, the need for the services and availability of funding.
3. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Driving and ensuring the safety of the vehicle assigned, the staff and visitors of NELSAP- CU or other constituent projects;
• Cleaning/washing the vehicle assigned to him/her and ensuring that it is always in good and clean condition;
• Routine checking on the condition of the vehicle and its tools and immediate reporting any noted anomalies or defects thereof to the immediate supervisor;
• Monitor the vehicle licenses and insurance policies and to report to the NELSAP CU immediate supervisor and arrange for their renewal before expiry;
• Monitor the vehicle mileage to ensure that it is serviced on time;
• To promptly record the vehicle log book and submit the log book to the immediate supervisor for countersignature;
• Filling the mileage and vehicle maintenance sheets as well as the fuel refill sheets and to promptly report any divergence from the normal vehicle utilization that may cause its damage;
• Provide transport services to staffs and other eligible persons as instructed by the supervisor;
• Make regular field trips in the region and any other place as deemed necessary
• To deliver mails, documents or other messages to their relevant destinations as instructed by the NELSAP supervisor;
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
4 . Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a Secondary Level certificate or its equivalent
- At least a 5 years clean and valid driving permit
- High level interpersonal relations
- Hard working person with ability to work under pressure and beyond normal working hours.
5 . Reporting
The driver will report to NELSAP Administrative/Public relations Assistant
6 . Duty Station. The driver will be stationed at the NELSAP –CU Office located in Kigali.
7. Employment Terms.
The appointment will be on one (1) year contract renewable based on satisfactory performance, need for service and availability of funds. It with start with initial 6 months as probation period. The one year renewable contract will have a term limit up to a maximum of 10 years. However, performance evaluation will be done every year and any unsatisfactory performance may lead to termination of contract.
8. How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by submitting a cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic documents including the date of birth by Friday 13 th November 2020 before 17:00hours Rwanda time, addressed to the NELSAP Regional Coordinator , through email: [email protected] with copy to [email protected] . The e-mail application subject title should clearly indicate “ Driver Position”. All applications must be delivered via e-mail to the addresses mentioned above. Only candidates who meet the requirements and are short-listed for the interview will be contacted.