Jobs at:The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE)
Deadline of this Job:
23rd August 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE) mobilizes its resources and expertise to serve the countries of the South to strengthen their capacities to implement their development policy in the sectors Education, Agriculture and Environment, Health, Governance, and the Private Sector.
As part of its 2017-2021 programme in RWANDA, APEFE is hiring an Driver Logistician (M/F) for the Programme, whose objective is: " Inclusive and equitable quality alternance training, accessible to young Rwandan women and men, responding to the skills needs of the growing Rwandan economy, is initiated in food processing and/or beauty/fashion trades. "
• Place of assignment: Kigali (Rwanda) with regular missions in Provinces
• End of contract: December 2021
Deadline for submitting the application: 23 August 2019, 5 p.m.
• Salary: APEFE local salary scale
• Career level: 5 years of useful experience
• A minimum level of study: National Advanced Certificate of Professional or Technical Secondary Education (A2) or 12 year-basic education
The driver logistician works under the hierarchical authority of the APEFE programme administrator and in close collaboration with the programme team and partners..
• Follow-up on the deadlines (Deadline of car insurance, tax sticker, renewal of IT-plates, etc.)
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of vehicles, repair of breakdowns, maintenance of logbooks, timely reporting to Insurance in case of accident and theft
• Report all mechanical defects to his supervisor.
• Distribute and collect correspondence from or to partners;
• Deliver and collect couriers at the Belgium Embassy;
• Transport of staff;
• Ensure the safe transport for APEFE staff and staff of partner institutions;
• Drive and control of the vehicle to avoid accidents;
• Respect trafﬁc rules and other road regulations;
• Ensure the maintenance of vehicle; keep the logbook up to date and the vehicle
• maintenance booklet;
• Check the condition of the vehicle before departure, its tools and documents.
• Collect proforma invoices;
• Distribute and collect correspondences between APEFE and its suppliers;
• Transport and distribute materials on the ﬁeld during the workshops; trainings;
• Photocopy and bind ofﬁce documents when requested.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Have experience of at least 5 years as a driver in an international organization, or public institution, or highly recognized government project;
• Have an A2 level education;
• Have a valid driving license Category B;
• Have a certificate in vehicle mechanics
• Have basic logistic skills;
• Be physically ﬁt and able to work for long hours;
• Ability to work as a team, able to collaborate with colleagues from different backgrounds;
• A sense of responsibility and initiative;
• Know geographically & practically Rwanda (provinces and districts of the country);
• Fluently speak Kinyarwanda and be able to communicate in French and English.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
A curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, past and current service certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), copies of diploma and certificates, and names 3 references contacts and emails (former direct supervisors) indicating the reference AA-05.2019, must be sent, not later than August 23, 2019, 5 p.m., to Mrs Marie-Pierre Ngoma, Programme Administrator of APEFE Rwanda, preferably by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Only short-listed candidates whose background and experience meet the criteria above will be contacted.