Jobs at:United Nations International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Driver, G-3 (Kigali)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 22 January 2021
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 24 December 2020
OFFICE: Office of the Prosecutor
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 2020/IRMCT/OTP/076-GS
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the Immediate Office of the Prosecutor, Arusha Branch, Kigali Field Office under the supervision of the Liaison Officer
*Appointment of the successful candidate to this position will be subject to budgetary approval. .
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Drives vehicles safely for the transport of authorised personnel and general cargo goods.
• Makes regular deliveries of parcels, documents, etc., between the UN office and other offices and institutions, e.g. Ministries, Embassies, Permanent Missions, etc.
• Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required.
• Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
• Takes care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
• Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
• Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• Applies good judgment in the context of assignments given.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Demonstrates commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work
• Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organisational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
• Education: High school diploma (or equivalent).
• Experience: A minimum of two years of experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
• Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorised vehicles, is required.
• Language: English and French are the working languages of the IRMCT. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written Kinyarwanda is required. Fluency in English or French is desirable preferably with the working knowledge of the other.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The appointment is limited to the Mechanism. *Appointment of the successful candidate to this position will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment of the successful candidate on this position will be limited to the initial funding of the post.
Extension of the appointment is subject to the extension of the mandate and/or the availability of funds. Appointments of staff members in the United Nations are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply