- Company: Enabel
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Rwanda
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This selection will serve also to constitute a pool/reserve
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. Under the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we carry out public service assignments in Belgium and abroad. In addition, Enabel enhances the impact of Belgium in international development by carrying out assignments for Belgian and international third-party donors.
Its staff members in Brussels and overseas embody the commitment of the Belgian State and other development partners to international solidarity.
The new country programme for the Belgo-Rwandan cooperation 2019 – 2024 will intervene in three sectors: health, agriculture and urbanisation, and in each of these sectors particular attention will be given to a limited number of cross-cutting themes: gender, private sector development, and accountability.
In view of the further development of its activities, Enabel is currently looking for a (f/m) Driver.
Location: Kigali and Karongi
Duration of the contract: Open-ended employment contract – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law
Expected starting date: October 2019
Salary package: From 300.826RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience.
The driver will ensure transport of people or goods (mail, purchased goods, equipment, missions…) in safely and efficiently manner, on time and to the assigned places in order to promote the image of the organisation and to reflect its values (respect of passengers and road users, respect of regulations, avoidance of uncivil behaviours…).
In general, (s) he will:
- Transport people and goods in order to ensure that people and goods reach the assigned destination on time and safely.
- Keep vehicles in good and well maintained condition in order to minimize risks of breakdowns and to keep the vehicle in good and cleaned condition for passengers.
- Bring the vehicle to the garage for servicing and maintenance
- Take the vehicle to the technical inspection as required
- Keep vehicle papers or documents in compliance with the law, internal procedures, etc. in order for the vehicle to be used under existing regulations and to avoid problems in the event of an accident, police check, etc.
- Correctly fill in the vehicle ‘logbook’ or travel records;
- Deliver and pick up mail/correspondence and parcels in order to ensure speedy and effective transmission of information or goods.
- Assist with the execution of small works/jobs in order to help co-workers in executing their tasks (Take care of supplying paper to photocopiers, water to the dispensers, avail glasses … )
- Rwandan Nationality;
- A2 level diploma (secondary school)
- Driving License class B;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in a similar position within either a public organization, a government project or a highly recognized private organization;
- Good oral communication in Kinyarwanda and English; French will be an asset
- Seasoned, mature personality
- Proven integrity and punctuality;
- Readiness to work in the field outside of Kigali;
- Certificate in Mechanics an added advantage
- Client-oriented and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in an international, multi-stakeholder environment, maintain effective and cooperative relations
- Be of proven moral integrity.
- Show a sense of responsibility and initiative (proactive).
Interested applicants fulfilling the above mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents including detailed Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter, Copy of diploma and certificates, Past and current service certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), names of three referees (former direct supervisor) as well as their emails and telephone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22 nd of August 2019 . Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda