Director of Administration & Finance
Jobs at:Business Professionals Network (BPN)
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BPN is a Swiss international Non-profit organization, operating in 5 different countries spread over three continents. It started its activities in Rwanda in 2011. BPN strives to support the development of Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs), in order to create jobs and fight poverty. BPN provides Training and Coaching services as well as Equipment Loans to SMEs so they can grow their businesses sustainably.
New exciting job opportunity – Help shape the future of Rwanda with BPN
Position: Director of Administration & Finance
Duty Station: BPN Rwanda, Kacyiru
Reports to: Country Director BPN Rwanda
The role of the Director of Administration and Finance is to ensure that the strategic and business objectives as well as the values of BPN are put into practice. The DAF will be responsible overall for BPN’s Finances and operations, working alongside the Country Director. The DAF will plan, direct, and manage the performance of all internal operations, so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the overall strategy. .
• Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of BPN’s mission – specifically support better information flow and organizational process.
• Oversee the company’s administration, budgeting, reporting, communication, and liaison at a professional level.
• Guide and oversee closely all activities related to accounting daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
• Oversee all driver’s, cleaner’s, and porter’s activities related to procurement, advertisement, car sharing, Hygiene, Security, etc.
• Manage and monitor the operations budget ensuring best value in all expenditure.
• Work with the Country Director to analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting.
• Oversee sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including contracts, grants, subcontracts, procurement, and compliance.
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management / reporting system for BPN partners ensuring that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Support the development and monitoring of new and existing organizational plans.
• In conjunction with the Country Director and the HODs establish and monitor staff performance and development goals consistent with the organization’s strategic plan.
• Prepare fiscal documents as and when required
• Prepare annual audit
• Drive initiatives in the BPN Rwanda team organizationally that contribute to long- term operational excellence.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda (excellent writing and oral skills)
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, excellence in accounting, financial management, human resources, procurement, and other management support functions as needed
• Strong interpersonal skills for working with staff, partners, and beneficiaries
• Ability to plan and organize events, monitoring time-schedules.
• Familiar with Accounting Software like QuickBooks
• Takes initiative, acts with confidence, and works under own direction.
• Initiates and generates activity and manages time effectively.
• Takes responsibility for actions, projects, and people.
• Analyses numerical data, verbal data, and all other sources of information.
• Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem.
• Makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis.
• Produces workable solutions to a range of problems.
• Sets clearly defined objectives.
• Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances..
• Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks.
• Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
Credentials and Experience:
• Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field.
• At least 5 years of experience in administrative and financial management preferable in NGOs
• Regional or International exposure would be a plus.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Our employees are people with a passion for serving others. Join our devoted team!
Contact: To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: “ Country Director BPN Rwanda 2020”.
Email: [email protected]
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
CLOSING DATE IS 5PM ON 16th December 2020.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.