Customer Experience Director
Jobs at:Ampersand Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Customer Experience Director
Ampersand is an energy and mobility startup headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda. We‘re achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change.
East Africa’s 5 million moto taxi drivers are some of the hardest working people on the planet. Many days these drivers work more than 13 hours yet end up with little money in their pockets. Our energy and vehicle service platforms offer savings that can double a driver’s income.
Our electric motorcycles offer superior performance vs petrol motor bikes and reduce carbon emissions by more than 75%. Converting just one of Rwanda’s 100,000 petrol motorbikes to electric is the equivalent of the carbon captured by 128 trees.
In order to accomplish all this, we are building a world class team of mission-driven innovators, engineers, and managers that are ready to serve this mission and address the hard problems. .
• The Customer Experience Director will manage our entire Rwanda customer ecosystem, including marketing, sales, and aftercare. Major initatives include the following:
• Help us understand our target customer more than any other company on the planet.
• Work with our finance and other support teams to operationalize our customer risk assessment process.
• Design and build a fantastic sales experience, including shop layout, documentation, onboarding, and training.
• Implement our ERP to manage transactions and efficiently deliver products to our customers.
• Develop Ampersand marketing from the ground up, identifying clients, designing campaigns, and measuring results.
• Oversee technical service teams including vehicle maintenance and spare parts inventory
• Accountability to service and retail revenues.
• Help the company maintain a laser focus on the customer in everything we do.
This position is unique because:
• You will design around the moto taxi driver, a customer who has been historically underserved
• It is open to limitless creative opportunities to design physical spaces, processes, and human interactions
• Builds management skills and experience
• You will join the early days of a high growth company
• We are a lively team that values community
• You will be supported by an attentive leadership team
• A background in marketing or process design
• A strong work ethic, and the ability to manage shifting priorities and unforeseen challenges
• Prior management experience
• Minimum 6 years of relevant prior professional experience
• Ability to design and execute marketing experiments
• The high degree of comfort with computer programs and excel analysis
• Professional comfort or higher with Kinyarwanda
• (Bonus) Experience in a start-up environment
• Timing and Compensation: We are looking to fill this position ASAP, Compensation to commensurate with experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply