Charging Station Attendant
Jobs at:Ampersand Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ampersand is an energy and mobility startup headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda. We‘re achieving the world’s first true mass-market shift to electric vehicles, a vital tipping point in the fight against climate change.
East Africa’s 5 million moto-taxi drivers are some of the hardest working people on the planet. Many days these drivers work more than 13 hours yet end up with little money in their pockets. Our energy and vehicle service platforms offer savings that can double a driver’s income.
Our electric motorcycles offer superior performance vs petrol motorbikes and reduce carbon emissions by more than 75%. Converting just one of Rwanda’s 100,000 petrol motorbikes to electricity is the equivalent of the carbon captured by 128 trees.
In order to accomplish all this, we are building a world-class team of mission-driven innovators, engineers, and managers that are ready to serve this mission and address the hard problems.
What we’re looking for:
Moto drivers using Ampersand motorcycles receive “fuel” by visiting our charging stations and swapping a battery instead of filling a petrol tank. The Charging Station Attendant (CSA) is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day execution of re-charge services and equipment that keep our customers on the road.
• Customer Service – The CSA in the face of Ampersand to our customers and will always provide excellent customer service.
• Battery Swapping – When a customer visits the charging station, the CSA removes the depleted battery and replaces it quickly with a fresh one. This position will also manage data collection and payments through the AmperOps mobile app.
• Battery Charging – The CSA manages the station’s inventory of batteries, keeping a stock of fresh batteries ready for use and ensuring all batteries are charging efficiently.
• Station Performance – The CSA is the front line in ensuring that all station supplies and equipment are operating at peak efficiency and reporting maintenance requests as needed. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Ampersand is a good fit if:
• You’re interested in clean energy and environmental impact (even if without experience in it yet)
• You are a proactive problem solver
• You enjoy having a focus on the customer and care deeply about the impact we make on their lives
• You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution
• You value diversity and community in the workplace
What we want you to bring:
This entry-level role would suit a recent graduate or someone with 2-3 years of job experience.
• Strong academic record
• Physical work – a successful candidate must be able to be on their feet during the day and physically fit.
• Women especially encouraged to apply.
• English speaking is not required, but a bonus
• Proactive problem-solving
• Humility / Flexibility. This is a start-up company with a fast-paced environment. Job duties may evolve quickly.
Timing and Compensation: The deadline for applications is August 31, 2020, Compensation to commensurate with experience
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are requested to carefully filling out the application form http://surveys.jobinrwanda.com/index.php?sid=62246&newtest=Y&lang=en