Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure that TechnoServe office’s operations are delivered in an effective and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare documents and assist the Country Programs Manager to keep an accurate and organized filing system
• Assist the Country Programs Manager in organizing in-house and external meetings
• Produce documents, minutes, memos, letters and presentations, as requested
• Prepare the Country Programs Manager’s expenses and travel advance requests/authorizations
• Support travel arrangements for the Country Programs Manager
• Coordinate all travel arrangements, hotel bookings for the office and manage TechnoServe’s expatriates and consultant house and needs are taken care of.
• Manage front office which will include; answering phone calls, direct calls, respond to inquiries.
• Maintain official TechnoServe correspondence filing as well as Rwanda (INC) filing system and inventory.
• Coordinate, organize and maintain Rwanda (INC) diaries and making appointments.
• Communicate and attend Rwanda (INC) team meetings where s/he shall be taking minutes.
• Ensure Rwanda (INC) publicity materials, cameras, projectors and other working tools are well kept and maintained after use.
• Guide external individuals (vendors, visitors and applicants) around TechnoServe offices
Front desk Activities
• Handle incoming telephone calls and visitors; screen and redirect where appropriate
• Assist in photocopying, faxing and filling
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and re-order when required
• Assure the confidentiality of dispatches delivered or received and that all such dispatches are recorded correctly
• Receive deliveries, ensure that items are checked and quantities confirmed as needed under the direction of the supervisor
Financial and Procurement support
• Coordinate procurement of Rwanda Ikawa Nziza Cyane (INC) training materials and TechnoServe’s office stationaries.
• Ensure the accuracy of all the documents/invoices to be paid and make sure that invoices represent the correct and reasonable program fund codes to charge.
• Support the financial team in ensuring financial documentation is recorded and organized.
• Ensure that all the contracts with vendors are in place and are renewed on time with regular reminders to finance team for payment due dates.
• Maintain up-to-date accurate asset register for Rwanda (INC).
Office and Staff
• Coordinate office maintenance and repair work
• Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment as directed
• Ensure a clean and presentable office environment
• Supervise the office assistant and cleaning team to ensure their work is done on time
• Ensure that standard office refreshments, teas, the water dispenser and other refreshments as may be required from time to time are available for the entire office
• Ensure TechnoServe vehicles, fuel and driver administration is handled in a professional manner.
Required skills and experience
• Degree in administration or related field with minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an administrative role and Procurement portfolio
• Verbal and written communication skill that is clear and concise in both English and Kinyarwanda.
• High level, of organization, efficiency and speed.
• Strong interpersonal and cross cultural skill.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks for different individuals in the office.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in data input and analysis, report writing and communications.
• Computer literacy in MS Excel, MS Word and Power Point in recommended.
• Ability to travel to remote rural locations in Rwanda for project support.
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
• Integrity and honesty : Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
• Team Work / Relationships : Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
• Learning attitude : Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
• Diversity / Inclusiveness : Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
• Communication : Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
• Decision making / Problem Solving : Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
• Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables : Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
• Planning & Time Management : Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
• Business Acumen : The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
• Computer Literacy : Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specific computer programs or applications for own functional area. Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
• Innovative Mindset : Curious inquiries, asks questions and seeks out information from multiple sources, learns from mistakes, sees change as an opportunity.
• Internal Client Focus : Client Focus is based on the ability to understand the client’s needs and concerns in the short to long-term and to provide sound recommendations and/or solutions.
• Compliance &</strong> Governance : Compliance with and knowledge of company policies, applicable legislation, grant requirements, donor contracts, the local labor code and tax laws.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees through: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/TEC1006TESER/JobBoard/18180d88-ced0-4361-bd09-d5eef66dab24/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=54d1a5bf-b03f-491a-8a2d-0486132570a8 Deadline for receiving applications is 26 May 2021 at 5:00PM