Deal/Project Origination Agents
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes;
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitably qualified staff .
Main Responsibilities • Involvement in the identification of new development projects that fall within the Bank’s priority sectors, meet the bank’s borrowing criteria, and refer them to the Bank for financing.
• Build/maintain relationships with new investors on board and maintain an ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Bank’s products.
• Present the financing proposals to the Bank.
• Assist the client to provide the required information and fulfillment of the requirements including service commission payment to the Bank accounts.
• Establishing a list of prospective regional companies to multinationals that intend to invest in the country for the Bank to propose tailor-made financing solutions in advance.
• Providing advice and guidance to the investors on their business proposals to ensure they are bankable and maintained in line with BRD’s risk appetite.
• Identifying viable companies both local, regional, and international that have expansion plans falling in BRD’s development mandate.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• A degree in finance, management, accounting, economics, or related discipline is an added advantage.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in deals and business originations for financial institution (Banks)
• Up to date with legal, compliance, and market risk-related issues to project financing
• A thorough understanding of the entire lending process
• Knowledge of relevant industry sector challenges
• Business development and client relationship skills
• Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with clients
• Ethical practices and ability to deliver on job deliverables without misrepresenting the Bank in his or her deals originations and referrals to the Bank
• Good knowledge of business principles and marketing techniques, good public relation skills, organizational management skills and understanding of the key business issues such as strategic and operational planning
• Good Negotiation skills and interpersonal relationship building skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://www.brd.rw/brd/careers/job_application.php