2 Seed Technicians
Jobs at:TRI-SEEDS Co Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TRI-Seed Co. Ltd is a Rwandan Profit making Organization, established in May 2019 by prominent Rwandan investors who were inspired to contribute to Rwanda’s development agenda, of improving the quality of life and standards of rural-based Rwandans directly through gainful employment in seed production and distribution, and enhancing farmers’ access to improved seeds. .
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The seed Technician will be responsible for the following key tasks and responsibilities;
• Be accountable for each of the company’s seed production areas;
Monitor all production activities
• Saw Quantity
• Date of sowing
• Date of harvesting
• Harvesting forecasts
• Agronomic Advice
• Develop seed crops;
• Control data accuracy;
• Evaluate seed producer production results;
• Setup Quality test and seed production performance evaluation;
• Conduct seed operation activities;
• Manage production staff in each location, providing direction to each farm manager;
• Negotiate and coordinate contracts for other organizations that are organizing contract growers;
• Negotiate and coordinate contracts for contract processors to process, bag, and delivery seed;
• Identify new production areas;
• Ensure production supply year-round;
• Produce high-quality seed in budgeted quantities for domestic, and possibly international markets;
• Oversee the parent seed function ensuring budgeted levels of parent seed are maintained;
• Develop and execute divisional budgets and plans.
• Provide harvesting forecasts reports timely
• Closely predetermine the dates for sowing and harvesting
• Timely processing of attendance lists for a casual worker on site.
• All other implied deliverables
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Manages resources and deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Responsible, flexible, adaptable and takes initiative
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organization,.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda;
• A degree in Crop production, biotechnology, botany, genetics, agriculture, horticulture or crop or plant science is normally required;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Seed or Agricultural industry;
• Good understanding of seed systems, production process of seeds especially Hybrid Maize seeds;
• Experience in agriculture research for development of seed systems;
• Skills in working with farmer cooperatives and contract farming with out-growers
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All qualified applicants should apply through Job in Rwanda using the email: [email protected] not later than 15th August 2020.
• The application should contain a CV with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, experience, present position, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 1 page) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
• All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Only short-listed candidates will undergo written examination and oral interview.