Web design and Development Consultant
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions. .
Tasks and responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible of implementing and reporting activities related to the analysis and upgrade of RYAF website. These include:
1) Analysis of RYAF website
1. Assess the IT infrastructure and security of the current RYAF website and its integrated components (includes RYAF membership portal and RYAF shop subpage)
2. Analyse the user engagement with RYAF online content through web and social media analytics.
3. Consult RYAF management, RYAF staff in charge of the website and other digital channels, and MINAGRI as the Ministry overseeing RYAF, in order to identify existing gaps and expected results of the website upgrade. The website upgrade proposal should also reflect RYAF re-defined vision and strategy.
4. Collect feedback on RYAF website usability from a small but varied sample of (current and prospective) users, focusing on RYAF members and particularly those living in rural areas, in order to understand what is needed to improve their user experience with the website and the registration portal. The user research can be conducted both online with existing users and offline with random youth in rural areas, including first-time users.
2) Upgrade of RYAF website
1. Based on findings and recommendations of the analysis, develop a proposal for upgrading RYAF website, including the related RYAF shop subpage and the integrated membership registration system. The proposal will respond to the identified gaps and provide the corresponding technical and functional requirements including options for web design and layout, user interface, workflows. The proposal will also include a detailed workplan and timeline for implementation, including migration of existing content to a new CMS (Typo3, Version 8) and set-up of a multi-language website (to accommodate information in Kinyarwanda, English and French).
2. As part of the upgrade proposal, identify options for increasing accessibility of the website content and the registration system by youth with limited connectivity or poor digital skills, exploring complementary channels (e.g. SMS, IVR).
3. As part of the upgrade proposal for the RYAF shop page, identify an interactive e-commerce feature that would facilitate linkages between the RYAF actors with buyers in the country, e.g. give the opportunity to exhibitors to display their produce and buyers to get in contact with shops.
4. Develop a test version of the new website and membership registration system based on the approved proposal and coordinate with RYAF staff for pre-testing it with a small but varied sample of users, in order to collect feedback and adjust it accordingly.
5. Optimize and migrate existing content and user profiles to the new upgraded website and membership database.
6. Prepare a handy user manual and train select RYAF team members on the management and maintenance of the new website to ensure that they are able to update, backup and maintain the website and related membership portal fully functional in the long-term.
The following deliverables are expected from the Consultant:
1. An inception report comprising an analysis of RYAF website in terms of ICT infrastructure, security, usability and user engagement, as well as a detailed proposal with mock-up and workplan for the upgrade. The inception report has to be submitted no later than 15 days after signatory of the contract.
2. Test version of RYAF website and related membership portal to be submitted no later than 15 days after approval of the detailed proposal.
3. Fully functional upgraded RYAF website and related membership portal, to be submitted no later than 10 days after user testing and provision of consolidated comments from MINAGRI, RYAF and FAO.
4. User manual and training to select RYAF team members on how to manage and maintain the new website
Job Skills: Not Specified
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or equivalent qualification
• Minimum 5 years of proven experience in graphic design and development of websites, online databases and web services (candidates should provide a portfolio of their work)
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
• Knowledge of Kinyarwanda is required.
• Knowledge of French is a benefit.
• National of Rwanda or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Knowledge and understanding of the issues of youth in Agribusiness
• Experience in the design of youth-friendly websites and online databases
• Experience in user research and analysis of user engagement with digital products and platforms
• Experience in human-centered design and digital inclusion is a strong asset
• Analytical skills and ability to write clear and concise content in English and Kinyarwanda
• Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
• Excellent time management skills
• Teamwork and Results oriented
• Advanced proficiency using CMS, in particular Typo 3 is strictly required
• Solid understanding of user interface design principles
• Academic background (25%)
• Work Experience (35%)
• Technical skills (40%)
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2002368&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00&tzname=Atlantic%2FReykjavik Closing Date : 13th November, 2020. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected] FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT