Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Byumba , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
(Job Ref: SOS CV RWANDA 02/2021)
Position: Village Director
Type of contract: Permanent
Working location: Byumba Location
Direct supervisor position: Head of Byumba Location
SOS Children's Villages Rwanda is a Child focused Non- Governmental organisation operating in Rwanda since 1979. As a member of SOS Children’s Villages International, its core objective is to care and support children who have lost parental care and those at risk of losing parental care.
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is looking for a highly motivated and deeply child sensitive candidates willing to compete for the position of Village Director in Byumba (SOS Children's Village Byumba) Location. .
Summary of tasks and responsibilities
Under supervision of the Head of Location, the Village Director shall perform the following duties:
• Ensure daily and smoother run of all activities under Alternative Care programme according to SOS CV policies and other international and national strategic orientation and documents.
• Develop, promote and facilitate the blossoming of the programme under his/her responsibility throughout innovative actions and practices
• Ensure safety, protection, physical and psychosocial well-being of children and young people cared for alternative care programme.
• With support and cooperation from other SOS CV Location staff, champion the implementation of National Gatekeeping Guidelines, measures and programmes to prevent family separation .
• Lead the implementation of various forms of alternative care options and ensure high quality of services to the children according to SOS CV International standards and National Child Care reform.
• Supervise Alternative Care programme staff with and provide timely support, guidance and inspiration towards high quality of care services to the children and SOS Families.
• Ensure preparation of youth care and empowerment programme, facilitate smoother transition to the independent life and builds conducive environment for learning, blossoming, formal and information education and successful professional insertion of Youth under SOS care.
• Using right based approach, He/She strive to meet and respect the best interest of the child, individual needs and rights of children and young people.
Financial and Administrative Management
• Manages effectively the budget of AC Program unit; implements financial and administrative procedures within the AC program unit in accordance with policies, guidelines and standards and in consultation with financial support staff
• Supports the Head of CVP Location during the budgeting process including ensuring a link between budgeting & AC program unit plans and priorities
• Approves and monitors budget expenditures in the AC unit to ensure that funds are properly used in line with the annual plan and budget
• Continually looks for ways to provide quality services in a cost-effective manner
Networking, Partnership building and Advocacy
• Leads partnership building and close cooperation with local government, external organisations, private individuals according to the objectives and needs of the Programme Location
• In agreement with the Head of CVP Location, represents the organisation at relevant local networks, forums, platforms, campaigns, working groups and advocates on behalf of the organisation for the promotion of child rights, especially related to children and youth from the target group
• Plans and organises activities in the community to increase awareness about SOS Children’s Villages programme and Alternative care field of work
Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in one of the following subject area : Social Sciences, Education, Psychology, Management, public administration and other related fields. •
At least 5 years working experience in the position related field
• At least 5 years in the social / educational field, including 3 years in Managerial responsibilities
• Proven leadership and people management skills, with at least 3 year at higher decision making level
• Proven background and s experience in child rights, OVC, would be an added value.
• Positive and professional approach. Ability to work independently, , use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
• English proficiency ( Written and spoken skills and French,
• Being legally married is compulsory
• To be Rwandan by Nationality
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter, addressed to the SOS CV Rwanda National Director, updated CV proving to which extent they meet the current position requirements to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] latest by 30 April 2021
Late applications will not be accepted
Jean Bosco Kwizera