- Company: Mott MacDonald
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Rwanda
Mott MacDonald are currently positioning for the upcoming Cities and Infrastructure for Growth programme (CiG), this is a multi-country DFID programme designed to support inclusive economic growth and job creation. The aim of CiG is to strengthen management of urban, energy, and infrastructure sectors and boost investment and to deliver inclusive economic transformation and growth that is climate resilient and contributes to poverty reduction and economic inclusion of disadvantaged groups, in several regions including West Africa, East Africa, and South Asia. This support will primarily take the form of TA to MDAs involved in (but not limited to) direct planning, financing and delivery of power and other infrastructure; Urban planning and urban development and economic competitiveness; and Mechanisms or transactions involving private sector financing of such projects. The contracts will aim to deliver demand-driven Technical Assistance to government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) at the national and sub-national level; it is also possible that support could be directed towards private sector or non-governmental actors. For Rwanda the programme will indicatively commence in October 2019. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. .
• Providing high quality technical and strategic guidance and control in the area of Urban Planning, working with Team Leader to ensure delivery of relevant logframe outcomes and
• Overseeing and managing experts in the area of Urban Planning including short-term consultants and subcontractors
• Designing interventions to be undertaken under the programme in relevant areas
• Capacity building for integrated urban development planning in and around industrial zones
• Land use planning through utilisation and promotion of ICT/of data (including social data) to inform urban planning
• Experience in supporting integrated urban transport planning
• Provision of technical assistance to MDAs.
• Ensuring the uptake and sustainability of technical interventions, supported by targeted training and capacity building as required.
• Monitoring relevant programme activities and budgets to ensure that key deliverables are met and demonstrate value for money.
• Ensuring effective dissemination of knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Qualified Urban Planner, preferably to Masters’ Level
• 10 years’ experience in Urban Planning
• Significant experience in East Africa, with long-term roles in at least one of Rwanda, Ethiopia, and/or Tanzania.
• Experience in providing Technical Assistance in the Urban Planning sector to Government Ministries and Departments in a developing country context
• Knowledge of Urban Economic Planning and Urban Planning for Economic Growth
• Previous experience of working in the relevant country/region
• Previous experience of working on IFI-funded projects (preferably DfID funded)
• Expertise in Urban Planning, Spatial Analysis, and Design
• Experience in Economic Growth Analysis and Planning
• Experience in Land Use Planning and/or Transit Oriented Development
• Knowledge and Expertise of Legislative and Regulatory conditions for Urban Development
• Experience in Urban Resilience, Climate Proof Infrastructure, and Climate Resilience Planning