Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 28 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated, and experienced national for the role of WASH Engineer. This critical position will be based in Gihembe and Nyabihecye refugee camp, reporting to WASH Project Manager .
Purpose of the position:
To contribute to the key objective of the project by ensuring safe transportation of sewerage & solid wastes and their final disposal to the dumping site, and the vehicles are maintained in a sound mechanical and clean condition.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
Minimum education and experience required:
• Should have an advanced level certificate or O ‘level’ certificate and TVET Driving Professional Driving Certificate.
• Should have a category B & C driving permit, with experience in driving trucks with 10 Mt of capacity
• Should have 3 years of experience in the same field
• Knows local road rules and travel routes in Rwanda
• Should be fluent in English, Knowledge of French is an added advantage
• Should be computer literate (Microsoft Word and Excel)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/rwanda/fleet/truck-operator/15867