Deadline of this Job:
19 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries. .
• Commit to providing excellent site performance and demonstrate commitment through cooperative team and individual efforts;
• Checking of drawings, calculations and construction methods to verify that the Contractor’s design and construction meets the specifications, contract and safety requirements;
• Interpret geotechnical information and determine suitability of the structural design in relation to the geotechnical conditions;
• Perform inspections of structures to ensure construction compliance with the specifications;
• Routine field inspections and attend to the Contractor’s request for inspections;
• Notify the Team Leader of any conflicts or discrepancies and suggest corrective action;
• Guide the Contractor of any required corrections or necessary clean-up of adverse environmental conditions;
• Inspect the Contractor’s performance related to traffic control, road closures, road safety, traffic accommodation, road maintenance, and complaints by the road users;
• Maintain detailed Daily Site Diaries (to be recorded by the end of each day and signed by the contractor); all work stoppages or delays; accidents on site; weather records; all activities in progress at any time showing the start and end time and full details of the resources employed per activity;
• Maintain detailed records of the contractor’s equipment on site and its precise date of arrival or removal from site, its date of manufacture, previous hours worked and condition, the date commissioned to commence work, its availability and utilisation;
• Maintain comprehensive records of human and material resources mobilised and used by the contractor;
• Maintain a systematic record of all inspection and test results to provide the basis for systematic and statistical analysis;
• Maintain a formal record of digital photographs taken throughout the duration of the contract at monthly intervals at set locations, including all environmentally sensitive locations;
• Maintain records of quantities of executed works, measurements on a daily basis for purposes of checking the contractor’s Interim Payment Applications;
• Make and submit periodic reports as determined by the Team Leader;
• Strictly adhere to SMEC’s Business Management System (BMS), quality standards and HSE procedures,
• Submit monthly safety observations, via the Team Leader, to the Project Director and;
• Other duties as may be required by the project and directed by the Team Leader.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Graduate or above in civil engineering or related field and minimum of Ten (10) years’ experience in road/ bridge and building projects.
• He / She must be a member of recognized engineers’ professional organization.
• He / She must have at least eight (8) years’ experience in structural analysis, design / supervision or construction of bridges, road drainage structures including urban drainage systems and buildings.
• He / She must be familiar with the latest Computer Aided Design applications.
• Previous experience on road projects in East Africa will be essential.
• He / She shall be responsible for ensuring the bridges and other drainage structures are constructed according to design and conform to the Contract specifications and able to propose technical solutions due to the geotechnical test results.
• Good standard of written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is advantageous
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://www.smec.com/careers/job-search?job=503727