The respect of Gender Equality principle is strongly embedded in the fundamental principles of Rwanda’s Constitution of June 2003 as revised in 2015 and has witnessed a continued supportive political will. Aligning with the Constitution, the Government of Rwanda placed gender equality as one of the key factors contributing to the country’s sustainable development, good governance and inclusiveness. To implement this principle, several policies, laws, strategies and institutional frameworks have been put in place to support the translation of such commitments into action.
To ensure compliance to gender equality principles, the Gender Monitoring Office (GMO) was established and was tasked to ensure that public and private institutions, civil society and faith-based organizations contribute to the attainment of national commitments as enshrined in the National constitution, international/regional instruments as well as policies and programs.
For Gender Monitoring Office to deliver to its broader mandate and realize its strategic outcomes, its Five-year Strategic plan (2017–2022) aspired to foster inclusive partnership by bringing onboard new partners while maintaining relationships with the existing ones across all sectors and at different levels.
In line with the above, UNWOMEN on behalf of Gender Monitoring Office is seeking to recruit a dynamic and self-motivated strategic engagement and partnership expert that will support and provide strategic advice on partnering for results.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide strategic Advice to the GMO senior management on institution Building and to relevant units/departments on identification and establishment of innovative partnerships and approaches to enhance accountability to gender equality.
• Guide and Contribute to resource mobilization through advising and supporting development of substantive resource mobilization material;
• Develop high level policy briefs to be used by the Gender Monitoring Office in advancing Gender accountability across different sectors and at different levels to spur policy change and social transformation.
• Analyze and advise on partnership agreement proposals, MoUs before their approval and signature and follow up on commitments made by all parties.
• Participate in the identification and mapping of key partners in gender accountability and GBV service delivery in public, private, CSOs, and religious institutions;
• Mobilize resources and support the preparation of strategic events including GAD and community dialogues;
• Coordinate and oversee the reporting of donor/partner funded projects and interventions. Contribute to data collection and gender publications in line with GMO’s mandate and in its communication initiatives;
• Contribute to the monitoring initiatives as organized by GMO’s program units.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
• He or she must demonstrate proven knowledge in institutional building and strategies development
• Team work and team building skills,
• Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills, ability to manage technical team and long-term strategic partnership;
• Possess gender skills
• Good knowledge of Rwanda’s Gender Policies, laws and Programs;
• Capacity to work with multiple stakeholders across a wide range of disciplines;
• Demonstrated networking, team-building and organizational skills;
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) and partnership building skills with multi-dimension partners, people skill for conflict resolution and negotiation;
• Hardworking and demonstrate capacity to work under pressure with minimum
• High sense of responsibility and integrity;
• Ability to seek and apply knowledge, information and best practices from multiple
• Excellent written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize relevant collected data and findings for the preparation of case studies and progress reports;
• Advanced computer literacy and proficiency, especially related to professional office software packages (Microsoft Office and graphics);
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
• Masters/Ao in Gender and Development, international development, International Relations, Development Studies, law, Political or social sciences and development related fields;
• At least 5 years’ Experience for (Ao) and 3 years for (Masters) in partnerships building, resource mobilization and advocacy.
• Experience in strategy development and partnerships buildings
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, focus on impact and result and respond positively to feedback;
• Evidence/proof of past experience in executing similar assignments within a multi stakeholder’s framework;
• Sound knowledge on national, regional and global gender equality frameworks;
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING ARRANGEMENTS
The strategic engagement and partnership expert will work under the overall supervision and guidance of the Chief Gender Monitor. The reporting line will be the Office of the Chief Gender Monitor and his/her daily activities will be coordinated by the Executive Secretary of the Gender Monitoring Office.
The contract period will be six months renewable upon satisfactory performance and availability of resources.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only pre-selected candidates will be notified. Deadline for submission of applications is on 27 August at 5:30 PM 2019. The selected Candidate should aim to start immediately after communication of successful application. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information,please visit http://www.rw.undp.org/content/