Senior Security Engineer
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Irembo is a technology company that designs and develops digital products focused on users in Africa, starting with Rwanda. IremboGov, Irembo’s pioneer product, is a government services platform. To date, it has 8M+ users in Rwanda and o?ers over 98 services online. We are using this experience to develop a wide range of products that will transform the tech ecosystem. .
What you will do:
• Define, plan and execute on a comprehensive security strategy across Irembo.
• Audit, provide guidance and accountability that the security process is aligned with the security strategy
• Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities in networks and systems.
• Advocate for security and secure practices throughout Irembo.
• Testing systems for vulnerabilities in hardware and software.
• Maintaining and securing virtual private networks, firewalls, email security and web protocols, and programs
• Reporting security analysis findings and incidents to senior management
• Find, track and mitigate system vulnerabilities.
• Investigate security breech alerts.
• Create and maintain security policies for the company.
• Work within engineering to define / install systems and processes necessary to protect Irembo software and infrastructure from intrusion
Job Skills: Not Specified
You are a good fit if you have:
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience. Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in Computer Science, or any other related fields
• Relevant experience in network and application security.
• At least 4 years and above of experience in network-level or application-level vulnerability testing
• Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages.
• 3 or more years of experience in Linux based operating systems (installing, configuring, troubleshooting, etc)
• Foundation in, and in-depth technical knowledge of, security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols, secure network design and applied cryptography.
• Experience with attacks and mitigation methods with experience working in two or more of the following: security monitoring and intrusion detection, incident response and forensics, penetration testing, development of security tools, automation or frameworks.
• Self-motivated and results-oriented.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills (both written and spoken).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://irembo.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50&source=t