Rwanda Call Center Operator
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Rubengera , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Call center operators are integral parts of TUBURA’s continued commitment to providing all of our clients with great customer service, ensuring proper communication between TUBURA and clients. As a call center operator, you will be the voice of One Acre Fund’s clients. You will take care of incoming customer calls and also conduct outbound surveys. acting like a bridge connecting the organization to its clients. .
Hotline Inbound (Incoming calls)
• Your main role involves receiving client phone calls and recording them in the hotline database -Zendesk (perform ticketing of the calls). You will actively learn about the program through meetings and field visits in order to be able to answer most client concerns.
• Provide excellent customer service and respectful communication to all clients calling the Hotline.
• Respond to various client concerns, i.e. distribution quantities, quality, and varieties; prepayment and repayment; documentation (IDS, Invoices, etc.); questions about Tubura program, and many more program-related queries.
• Correspond and work together with other teams to resolve each unique client issue.
• Clearly communicate any system changes related to inputs, repayment, or other to the clients
• Outgoing Call Function
• You will be responsible for making outgoing calls to current TUBURA clients in order to conduct short surveys and identify outstanding client protection issues.
• For each outgoing call, you will be responsible for recording all relevant data, including categorical and qualitative responses to survey questions.
• You will be responsible for escalating any urgent client protection issues to the Customer Engagement Call Center Coordinator.
Occasionally you will be required to inform clients about how their claims have been solved
• You’ll be responsible for collecting high-quality data and updating them in the appropriate databases per team’s policy.
• Correct any error that may be in the data and Flag it to the team’s coordinator
• The Call Center Team will be responsible for occasional small non-repeated incoming/outgoing call projects. You will include these small projects in your monthly schedule as appropriate, and effectively manage your time between these projects and your primary responsibilities.
Career Growth and Development
• We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• Ability to work in a team and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, and Microsoft Office
• Clear customer service attitude
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Good collaboration skills
• Proactive problem solver
• Integrity and a positive attitude
• Demonstrated high quality of work with strong attention to details, highly organized and methodical
• Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
• Commitment to client protection and confidentiality
• Commitment to personal growth within TUBURA
• Flexibility of working in weekends
• Experience in call center is strongly desired but not required
Languages: Fluent in Kinyarwanda and proficient in spoken and written English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve