Results Management Officer
Jobs at:Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR)
Deadline of this Job:
24 July 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Access to Finance Rwanda seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individual to fill the full-time staff position of a Results Management Officer (RMO) for its upcoming project “Accelerating growth of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) through expanding the e-commerce sector in Rwanda”. The Results Management Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination, and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework for the Project. S/he will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
The Results Management Officer will report to the Project Manager and works closely with the Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) at AFR.
This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and is contingent upon project award to AFR.
The “Accelerating growth of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) through expanding the e-commerce sector in Rwanda” is a project implemented by Access to Finance Rwanda in partnership with Rwanda’s ICT Chambers and BFA Global.
The project aims to spur the growth of livelihoods and employment opportunities through digital commerce, which works together to address the barriers and promote an enabling market system for e-commerce with onboarding MSEs into the digital economy at the core.
The main program elements are:
• enabling MSE’s sell on digital platforms and expand digital payments
• developing a network both for the MSE’s and iworkers that provides linkages across e-commerce value chains and value-added services
• creating linkages and partnerships with financial service providers
Working through an ecosystem approach the project will seek to address systemic solutions to draw the underserved groups of the MSME sector into the digital economy to derive its benefits: the informal microenterprises, the young men and women in informal employment, to unlock their potential and for them to strive for decent and meaningful work. This pilot program seeks to reach up to 1,500 MSEs and 2,000 young women and men workers directly through digital onboarding. It also seeks to spur the e-commerce system to engender wider, more inclusive adoption and crowd more investment and actors into the market system afterward. .
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The Results Management Officer will be responsible for the following key tasks and responsibilities; Setting up the system:
• Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
• Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example, mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
• Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
• With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support, and resources.
• Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
• Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
• Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Check data quality with partners.
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings.
• Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review, and final evaluation.
• Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
• Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in an inappropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager
• Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring, and evaluation techniques, and practices. Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage.
• Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
• Good moderation, facilitation, and training skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Good understanding of written and spoken Kinyarwanda
• Good computer applications skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Development Studies, Statistics, Information Technology, or another relevant field. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
• Additional qualifications in MIS and M&E will be considered an asset.
• Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
• Familiarity with the reporting requirement of Development Partners such as MasterCard Foundation, DFID, Sweden and USAID
• Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
• Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Experience in planning and managing surveys.
• Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
• Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
• Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
• Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
• Proven experience in conducting and managing baseline and evaluations
• Strong report writing skills
Duration of Assignment: One year contract with possible extension based on performance and availability of funds.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All qualified applicants should apply through Job in Rwanda using the following link: https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=32140 by the 24th July 2020.
• The application should contain a CV with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 1 page) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
• All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
• For any questions regarding the application process please contact the https://www.jobinrwanda.com/ during working hours only from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
• The position is open to Rwandans only.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Short-listed candidates will undergo written examination and oral interview.