Resource Development Specialist
Jobs at:World Vision International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
World Vision is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programmes in 28 Districts of Rwanda. Our interventions are currently reaching more than 1.5 million people.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly-qualified, dedicated, and experienced national for the role of Resource Development Specialist. This critical position will be based in Kigali, reporting to the Resource Development Manager.
Purpose of the position:
Contributes to the strengthening of donor and partner engagement, networking, and resource acquisition capabilities for World Vision Rwanda. The job holder also supports the implementation and coordination of Grant Acquisition & Management (GAM) processes including consortium establishment, design workshops, and proposal formulation to deliver high-quality sustainable funding for improving lives of the most vulnerable. .
The major responsibilities include:
% Time Major Activities
End Results Expected
40% Support in the growth and diversification of high quality sustainable funding for the National Office strategy by developing and reviewing concept papers and proposals for various projects and programs.
Public funds and private grants are contributing to annual World Vision budget.
National Office short-term and long-term funding goals 30% Support the building of relationships with key stakeholders in the Government of Rwanda, Public donor agencies, UN agencies, INGOs, and Support Offices so as to time and strategically position World Vision Rwanda for funding opportunities within and outside the country.
Strong relationships with external partners exist to enhance funding possibilities.
The National Office is up-to-date on available funding opportunities.
15% Develop and review grant tracking matrices to ensure that there is an up to date tracking of grant opportunities and grant pipelines by the National Office.
Up to date grants tracker.
15% Support in building the capacity of National Office staff in grant acquisition, management, and compliance.
Increased National Office capacity in grant acquisition, management, and compliance.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Excellent knowledge and experience of project design and management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
• Ability to maintain and track funding trends and grant opportunities in the humanitarian sector.
• Knowledge and experience in Private Sector Engagement.
Minimum education, training, and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
• Master’s Degree in Social Science, International Development, Rural Development, Writing or any related field.
• At least 2 years performing the same role.
• Considerable experience in networking.
• Strong organization abilities; high performance and quality standards; negotiation skills; ability to motivate teams and inspire teamwork.
• Track record of successfully winning public, multilateral, and private grants.
• Track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring, and supervising grant staff.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email systems such as Microsoft Outlook.
• Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
NB: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details.
This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account.
Further details will be collected during the application process.
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email).
The closing date for submission of applications is 20 November 2020; no late applications will be accepted.
World Vision is committed to adult and child safeguarding and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children and vulnerable adults.
All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.