Jobs at:Children’s Voice Today (CVT)
Deadline of this Job:
28th August 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Children’s Voice Today (CVT)
POSITION: Project Coordinator
Employer: Children’s Voice Today
Job Location: Kigali (Nyamirambo)
Deadline: 28th August 2019
• Children’s Voice Today (CVT) is an organization that was established to promote the rights of the child through meaningful child participation where children/youth initiate and lead all activities of the organization (Child/youth-led organization).
• Children’s Voice Today (CVT) Rwanda is a member of the African Movement of Working Children and Youth (AMWCY) which was established by children and youth themselves to find solutions to the problems of working children and youth while promoting their rights and creating a safe environment for all children.
• Children’s Voice Today (CVT) is envisioning a child-friendly society whereby children are empowered to meaningfully participate in addressing issues affecting them and that their voices are heard.
• With its mission, CVT is committed to be the voice of Rwandan children, to empower them to advocate for their rights and to fight against poverty..
• Be responsible to support the day-to-day management of the project to ensure its effective, efficient and cost-sensitive management.
• Ensure the annual and quarterly planning, implementation of activities, monitoring/reviewing of activities, timely reporting as per project agreement.
• Contribute to the planning (annual planning and medium-term planning) of the projects as well as to the overall planning and management of the program under the guidance of the program manager
• Provide technical inputs to projects as requested by the programme manager
• Budget management and fundraising
• Be responsible for budget management of the project from facilitating budget planning, regular budget projection, expenditure monitoring, and budget reporting, in compliance with CVT system and procedures with the guidance of and in collaboration with the line manager
• Participate in the process of drafting proposal and identifying the issues of budget planning and implementation and support the line manager and other staff in drafting fundraising proposals or conducting fundraising initiatives.
• Produce and submit quality budget monitoring report on a regular basis as per funder agreement
• Advise on the budget revision on the basis of the progress of the project implementation
• Ensure the overall coordination of the project activities
• Coordinate the activity plans of the project officers
• Ensure the coordination of the activities of the community-based child-led media clubs.
• Coordinate with other interveners in the field to ensure the synergy and complementarity
• Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning / Research
• Produce a project implementation plan
• Monitor, document and report the level of implementation of the project
• Support the field officers to planning, evaluation and review meetings
• Ensure the compilation and analysis of quantitative and qualitative project data and the production of the report.
• In collaboration and with the guidance of the line manager, be responsible for the elaboration of progress, annual and other types of narrative and financial reports to CVT and relevant partners
Representation and networking
• Represent the project with relevant partners, and if in public areas/arenas– in consultation with and keeping the line manager updated
• Link/communicate/learn with other organizations/projects to learn relevant experiences, foster cooperation for synergies and collaboration in consultation with the line manager and keeping the latter and other staff members updated.
• Communicate and provide technical support for and liaison with other teams, as required.
• Comply with the requirements of CVT Child safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
Job Skills: Not Specified
• University degree or equivalent in social sciences
• At least 3 years experience/knowledge of children’s rights, child protection and/or networking is essential
• Commitment to a rights-based approach to programming and monitoring of the implementation of child rights treaties
• Familia with public planning and budgeting process
• Good project management skills, including participatory budgeting and monitoring;
• Good monitoring and evaluation of knowledge
• Good facilitation, negotiation, networking, and advocacy skills
• Good interpersonal skills and high team working spirit
• Good English and Kinyarwanda wrote and oral communication skills
• Ability to organize and coordinate complex activities within interrelated schedules and timelines
• Computer Literacy
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications written in English to email@example.com before the 28th August 2019, the CV should include 3 referees with their address. Please include the Job Title in the subject line of your email. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.