Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Goethe-Institut Kigali is looking for a full-time (40hrs/week) Project Coordinator for the project “Tumenya Sinema – To know Cinema” implemented together with Mashariki African Film Festival.
The position is temporary from March 1, 2021, until 28 February 2022 with the option to be extended.
About the Goethe-Institut Kigali
The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation. We convey a comprehensive picture of Germany by providing information on Germany’s cultural, social and political life.
About the project
„Tumenya Sinema – To know Cinema “ is a country-wide capacity-building program for young Rwandan professionals in the film sector, supported by the European Union and implemented jointly with Mashariki African Film Festival. It has a strong focus to bring unemployed youth into jobs and to create a wide international network of young professionals in the film sector. .
• Coordinating all public relations and handling internal communication of the project with all stakeholder, including creating visual PR material, in accordance with the director of the Goethe-Institut.
• Communication of the project with strong focus on social media
• Intensify and accompany creation of a digital platform for film professionals
• Coordinate events of the project
• Organize masterclasses and sessions with international experts according to the goals of the project
• Support the creation of a training curriculum
• Support and accompany creation of local cooperatives in the film sector
• Reporting throughout the project together with other stakeholders
• Continuous project monitoring and evaluation
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Relevant tertiary education in Event Management, Project Management, Media Studies or comparable knowledge and experience in cultural and creative economies
• Commitment and the ability to work in a team
• Ability to work closely with partner organizations
• Presentation skills in order to do event presentations and communication with other stakeholders
• willingness to work occasionally in the evening hours and/or weekends for events
• Experience in project management including flight bookings, assistance with visa application, preparation of events etc.
• Good MS Office skills
• Fluent English. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda, French, or basic German would be beneficial
• For non-Rwandan applicants: valid work and residence permit for Rwanda
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications with application letter (in English or German), tabular CV, certificates/references must be submitted by e-mail to the Director of the Goethe-Institut Kigali, Katharina
Hey [email protected] by 25th February