Jobs at:Rwanda Information Society Autority (RISA)
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR EXPERTS FOR THE SINGLE PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (SPIU) FOR THE RWANDA DIGITAL ACCELERATION PROJECT
Rwanda has distinguished itself as a country that is deeply committed to leveraging digital transformation as a means to accelerate growth and reduce poverty. Government is committed to using digitally enabled solutions, wherever possible, to leapfrog traditional approaches and support innovation in service delivery. Beginning as early as 2000, Rwanda began charting an ambitious course for achieving rapid digitization, through a series of five-year plans – culminating in the SMART Rwanda Master Plan. These policies have resulted in the progressive roll-out of digital infrastructure, impressive public e-services expansion (though from a very low base), as well as initiatives to support digital skills and to position Rwanda as a regional ICT hub, underpinned by government institutions and leadership committed to this agenda. Today, Rwanda continues to articulate ambitious strategies in relation to many of these areas. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitate a detailed procurement capacity assessment to be carried out by the development partner, and support SPIU coordinator and WB in the identification of related fiduciary risks;
• Prepare the Project Procurement Strategy for Development (PPSD) that describes how procurement will support the development objectives of the project and deliver value for money, given local market context;
• Prepare and support the implementation of procurement plans, spelling out the equipment, services needed to kick-start implementation of the project;
• Coordinate the preparation of Terms of Reference (TORs) and technical specifications for services/goods/works, in close collaboration with technical specialists and concerned stakeholders;
• Prepare other procurement and bidding documents, including Request for Proposals (RFP), Expressions of Interest (EOI), in close collaboration with technical specialists and concerned stakeholders;
Job Skills: Not Specified
Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Management, Accounting, Public Finance, Law or Economics with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in a public sector procurement role; or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) Certification/ Master’s degree Procurement, Management, Accounting, or Public Finance with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested experts should apply online ( [email protected] ) and upload application documents including an Application letter, Curriculum Vitae, Identification card, copies of degree certificates, and professional certificates.
Only online applications shall be considered, and the folder containing application documents MUST be saved under the name of the job position applied for.
For any inquiries/clarification use the above email.
Address all applications to the Chief Financial Officer of the Rwanda Information Society Authority.
Deadline for application: Friday, December 11th, 2020.