- Company: Mott MacDonald
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Rwanda
Mott MacDonald are currently positioning for the upcoming Cities and Infrastructure for Growth programme (CiG), this is a multi-country DFID programme designed to support inclusive economic growth and job creation. The aim of CiG is to strengthen management of urban, energy, and infrastructure sectors and boost investment and to deliver inclusive economic transformation and growth that is climate resilient and contributes to poverty reduction and economic inclusion of disadvantaged groups, in several regions including West Africa, East Africa, and South Asia. This support will primarily take the form of TA to MDAs involved in (but not limited to) direct planning, financing and delivery of power and other infrastructure; Urban planning and urban development and economic competitiveness; and Mechanisms or transactions involving private sector financing of such projects. The contracts will aim to deliver demand-driven Technical Assistance to government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) at the national and sub-national level; it is also possible that support could be directed towards private sector or non-governmental actors. For Rwanda the programme will indicatively commence in October 2019. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. .
• Providing high quality technical and strategic guidance and control in the area of Finance, working with Team Leader to ensure delivery of relevant logframe outcomes and
• Overseeing and managing experts in the area of Finance including short-term consultants and subcontractors
• Designing interventions to be undertaken under the programme in relevant areas
• Building capacity of banks/housing finance institutions to invest in low-income housing
• Supporting local, municipal governments on municipal finance to develop capital investment plans
• Supporting municipal authorities for improving access to green finance for local infrastructure development (e.g. green bonds)
• Provision of technical assistance to MDAs.
• Ensuring the uptake and sustainability of technical interventions, supported by targeted training and capacity building as required.
• Monitoring relevant programme activities and budgets to ensure that key deliverables are met and demonstrate value for money.
• Ensuring effective dissemination of knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Qualified in Finance, Public Financial Management, Infrastructure Finance, preferably to Masters’ Level
• 10 years’ experience in Municipal Finance, Public Financial Management, Infrastructure Finance, Capital Budgeting
• Experience developing bankable projects for low income housing
• Demonstrated ability to build banking capacity to develop financial products for both supply side and demand side users for low income housing
• Significant experience in East Africa, with long-term roles in at least one of Rwanda, Ethiopia, and/or Tanzania.
• Experience in providing Technical Assistance in the Public Financial Management (PFM) sector to Government Ministries and Departments in a developing country context
• Previous experience of working in the relevant country/region
• Previous experience of working on IFI-funded projects (preferably DfID funded)
• Experience in Infrastructure Financing
• Experience in Municipal Revenue and Finance for Infrastructure
• Experience in Municipal Resource Mobilisation
• Project Preparation and Investment Experience
• Expertise and Experience in designing and structuring PPPs