– Prepare strategic and operational plans for the management Information systems (MIS) unit to ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to meet the requirements of the SEIRHCP and contribute to the achievement of short and long term goals of the MINEMA;
– Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an ICT systems, security strategy and recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss;
– Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution;
– Develops functional specifications and system design specifications;
– Design and implement software applications to meet SEIRHCP requirements;
– Responsible to deliver quality software solution using standard end to end software development cycle;
– Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to MIS services, including procurement, distribution and asset management;
– Develop sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to select equipment and services vendors;
– Oversee the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with the Ministry growth plans, and changing SEIRHCP requirements or technological advancements;
– Responsible to develop roll out/release plans for both new applications and upgrades to existing applications;
– Define and support the implementation of new systems, system upgrades, and additional system of existing systems;
– Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables or procedures, modular and database level;
– Evaluate various proposed IT solutions and facilitate discussions between the various technical groups, i.e. developers, data base administrators, network services, etc.
– Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate;
– Responsible for development of new programs, analyses current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product;
– Look after the purchase of the software and hardware systems and plan proper budget and quotations for the systems;
– Provide assistance to testers and support SEIRHCP staff as needed to determine system problems.
Open source technologies skills;
– Knowledge of web server infrastructure;
– Knowledge of Strategies of National ICT Policy;
– Experience leading teams of software engineers in the development of web applications;
– Advanced knowledge of Server environments (window, linux, unix); XML experience;
– Proficient in RDBMS (expertise with Stored Procedures and User – Defined Functions), database structures, and ADO);
– Database performance tuning experience;
– Proficient in web application security and database security. – Experience with an application / database layer intrusion detection / prevention appliance is greatly appreciated;
– Expert knowledge of all database vendor versions;
– Proficient in designing, writing, editing, and debugging programs and databases;
– Strategic thinking, Project management, Leadership and team building
– Deep Understanding of information technology and telecommunications;
– Knowledge to research and analyse technology problems, issues, and program requirements.
– Knowledge of computer hardware/software technologies and Interpersonal skills such as Communication skills, Negotiation skills – Problem solving skills; Analytical skills;
– Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
How to Apply