Jobs at:Ampersand Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Purpose: Ampersand is seeking a mechanical engineer with experience designing and delivering solutions to tough technical challenges. A Mechanical Engineer at Ampersand will work with a team of engineers and designers to design and implement innovative solutions to optimize Ampersand’s batteries, vehicles, and swap infrastructure.
Ampersand is committed to gender equality in the workplace. They have so far more than doubled their female representation in their workforce over the past 10 months, and continuing this growth remains a key goal for the company. With this in mind, Ampersand strongly encourages female applicants to apply. .
An Ampersand Mechanical Engineer will hold the following responsibilities:
Product design and engineering analysis:
• Participating in all aspects of mechanical design and development of vehicle subsystems and charge station infrastructure. This includes brainstorming and low-resolution prototyping, CAD design, fabrication, testing, and analyzing mechanical systems.
• Fabrication of prototypes using power tools and welding equipment.
• Interacting with and learning from our customers, the moto-taxi drivers, and championing their needs.
• Engineering analysis of vehicle and battery systems including performance and efficiency analysis, FEA, lifecycle analysis, etc.
• Participating in the development of processes and procedures related to mechanical systems, such as manufacturing procedures, charge station procedures, maintenance procedures, etc.
• Regularly reporting to the supervisor.
• Working as a team and assisting others whenever needed, and communicating clearly and often.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• We are looking for a mechanical engineer with demonstrated industry experience. Candidates who possess the following are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar engineering field.
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience with CAD and fluent in creating technical drawings. FEA, MATLAB, advanced Excel are a bonus.
• A team player who is comfortable collaborating across functions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication.
• This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda. Experience of living abroad is desirable, and experience with cross-cultural teams is preferred.
• Near-native English-speaking abilities, with strong verbal communication.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/3560?source=93