Master of Management Faculty – ALU School of Business
Jobs at:African Leadership University Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
15 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for people with experience in management and a passion for teaching to help us build our new Master of Management Programme. This role involves a balance of facilitation, programme building and design of real world projects that help learners develop expertise and skills. We need individuals who enjoy facilitating challenging conversations, coaching and mentoring aspiring leaders, and are excited to create highly effective and scalable learning experiences.
The ALU School of Business (ALUSB) is a part of African Leadership University (ALU), which is accredited by the Higher Education Council of Rwanda and is located in the heart of the Rwandan capital, Kigali. Currently, ALUSB offers an MBA programme which is our Flagship accredited postgraduate degree and the first pan-African MBA programme of its kind, and offerings in Executive Education.
In less than 6000 days, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world. This population boom could either be a humanitarian global crisis or the greatest source of global prosperity. The vision of the ALUSB is to serve as a catalyst for prosperity in Africa by developing African business leaders and entrepreneurs to help make this century The African Century!
In the words of our Founder, Fred Swaniker:
“This is Africa’s century, but Africa needs us to achieve its full potential. The private sector will play a key role: maximising current opportunities and unearthing new areas of growth. The ALU School of Business is preparing the global leaders needed to help create this change.” – Fred Swaniker, Founder & CEO
ABOUT THE MASTER OF MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
The Master of Management (MM) programme is designed to equip students with the business skills, elite pan-African network, and leadership ability to add value to an organisation, accelerate their career and ultimately catalyse positive change across Africa. The goal of the programme is to accelerate the careers of young professionals and recent graduates as they enter the job market. The programme involves experiential learning with talented faculty from across the world. The programme stands on five, carefully crafted pillars that promise an academically enriching experience that will help students stand out in today’s highly competitive job market!
ABOUT ALUSB FACULTY
Faculty at ALUSB are scholars, educators, and/or practitioners in their respective fields who want to be at the frontier of global higher education. Our faculty members are passionate about learning innovation, have the freedom to experiment with new approaches to learning, and the chance to work with some of the most motivated students in the world. We approach education from first principles, empower individuals to design, test, and implement creative new ideas, and work closely together to craft transformative learning experiences. .
ABOUT THE ROLE
• You will join as a founding member of our Master of Management Programme. Consequently, your role will involve a blend of design and facilitation in your area of expertise. You will be responsible for designing parts of the curriculum, delivering, and iterating on curriculum designed by others. Your day to day will include organising sessions, facilitating discussions, reviewing and grading student assignments, advising and encouraging self-direction, and providing regular feedback based on clearly defined rubrics. You will also work closely with the team to provide support in designing experiences that enable students to push beyond the baseline of learning for the sake of learning. On a higher level, you will be involved in the co-creation of a vision and strategy for the programme, setting up the path that will allow students to extend the skills they learned to the outside world as the future leaders of the African Continent.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Advanced degree (preferably a PhD) in Business or a related field
• Experience doing Business in Africa in various sectors
• Have experience working with diverse and/or international organisations
• Some teaching or facilitating experience (formal or informal)
• Desire and enthusiasm to work with students
• Understanding of best practices for learning pedagogy in Business
• Enthusiasm to push boundaries
• Flexible and comfortable with change
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply