Manager, Legal and Regulatory Affairs
Jobs at:Broadband Systems Corporation Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Broadband Systems Corporation, Ltd (“BSC Ltd”) is a licensed Internet Service Provider (ISP) that has been incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda. The company is engaged in the business of providing advanced Information Communication Technology (“ICT”) services based on broadband connectivity. .
• Provide legal advice to the Management Team and the Board of Directors of BSC;
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies, procedures and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
• Review and provide legal advice on tender documents.
• Review ongoing legal cases and advise management accordingly
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
• Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training, and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
• Review all legislation that has an impact on BSC and its activities and make recommendations;
• Follow up legal proceedings where BSC may be involved
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law related field, a master's degree would be an added advantage
• Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience, 5 years of which must have been at a Managerial level
• Strong leadership and managerial skills
• Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of legal best practices.
• Proven experience including the ability to work at strategic and operational levels;
• Legal experience in telecommunication;
• Excellent planning and organization skills to meet deadlines;
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates, who meet the conditions herein, should submit their letters of application accompanied with their Curriculum Vitae, copy of certified Degree(s), copy of ID Card to BSC Ltd.’s Headquarter, located in Remera, Kisment, Airport road KN5RD; at the reception desk (Ground Floor), in a sealed envelope addressed to the CEO of Broadband Systems Corporation, Ltd (BSC Ltd). The deadline for submission of applications is scheduled on Monday 21/09/2020 at 5:00 pm