Manager, Grants Administration
Jobs at:African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances, and breakthrough discoveries! The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training in mathematical sciences, research, and public engagement in STEM. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational, and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, and Rwanda. Each AIMS Centre provides expertly tailored academic and non-academic programs, training around 50 African students each year and preparing them for leadership in the domains of academia, government, and industry. The AIMS academic program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment. .
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the… Manager, Grants Administration! In this role and reporting to the Director, Grants and Program Finance, you will support the program and grants team to develop and maintain a coordinated approach towards financial reporting to donors and compliance in procurement and contract management for the AIMS Secretariat and all AIMS centres. You will work towards attaining value for money, developing sustainable relationships, and performance management of suppliers, you will be responsible for budget monitoring, donor financial reports, and maintaining an up to date contracts and agreement database for the network. With respect to procurement, you will be involved in soliciting and monitoring a variety of contracts including consulting and professional services, construction, and other services to meet AIMS centre needs. As the Manager, Grants Administration, you will work with the program and grants team to develop the department’s annual budgets and monitor spending to ensure compliance with the approved budget. You will also monitor cash flow in collaboration with the finance department and ensure effective mapping and prioritization of payment, maintain internal budgets and ensure appropriate allocation of support costs to active programs, in coordination with program managers, you will perform pipeline analysis, including review of accruals and commitments of the current portfolio to ensure programs operate within allocated budgets and according to the contractual terms, respond to internal and external audit requests. Additionally, you will create and analyzes reports on spending by grant and advises managers of program spending trends, potential overruns, and expense mitigation opportunities, coordinate the consolidation of donor financial reports, maintain a donor report tracking system to ensure that responsible staff are aware of upcoming deadlines, including key donor and program milestones and deliverables, as well as tracking expenditures against donor budgets, assist the financial team with funds claims preparation, monitor and report performance (against budget and other relevant measurement criteria) and support the budget holders/program leads as their single point of contact for finance queries, attend regular program reviews and produce action lists with timely resolution. This is a full-time opportunity based at AIMS Secretariat, Kigali-Rwanda.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Do you have what we need?
• A Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or related field. A Master’s degree in the same field or its international equivalence will be an asset,
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience working at the corporate or organization level, especially in the non-profit sector or with the organizations implementing donor-funded projects,
• Experience in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions in organizations funded via government, foundation and grants,
• Past experience managing a financial analysis role will be an asset,
• Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter,
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines,
• Experience working with an international organization will be an asset,
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work in multicultural teams,
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to explain financial matters to non-finance staff,
• Highly numerate and confident with data analysis,
• Advanced Excel Skills,
• Self-motivated and strong team player with ability to prioritize workload whilst being flexible in your approach,
• Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and cope with seasonal pressure points,
• Ability and availability to travel internationally (a valid passport will be required) to implementation areas, some of which may be in remote locations,
• Woking constantly on computers.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Complete the application form at this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScH4SzrplraCOvEqzDx2LNSed_OY0qZZQIjEq8Pv65Wl-cc5Q/viewform?gxids=7628 ; upload your letter of motivation including salary expectation, and a detailed CV in English, merged as one PDF file via the application form. Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScH4SzrplraCOvEqzDx2LNSed_OY0qZZQIjEq8Pv65Wl-cc5Q/viewform?gxids=7628 Applications will be accepted until November 5, 2020. Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion. AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS