IT Officer in charge of Information Security
Jobs at:Auditor General Of State Finances (OAG)
Deadline of this Job:
12th September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 09, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT OFFICE OF
THE AUDITOR GENERAL OF STATE FINANCES (OAG)
Office of the Auditor General was established in 1998: The Office is mandated by the Constitution of the Republic of Rwanda of 2003 revised in 2015 as the Supreme Audit Institution of Rwanda responsible for the following:
• Auditing and reporting on accounts of all public entities, local administrative entities, public enterprises, parastatal organizations and projects;
• Conducting financial and performance audits (economy, efficiency and effectiveness) in respect of expenditure in all institutions referred to above;
• Conducting accountability, management and strategic audits of accounts in the institutions mentioned above.
OAG’s mission is to promote accountability, transparency and best practices in Government operations as a means of good governance.
OAG aims to recruit young self-motivated Rwandan Nationals graduating in Accounting, and other fields when necessary, from recognized universities in Rwanda and outside the country. OAG offers those recruited, great opportunities for career growth, training and above all, an opportunity to serve the Country in promoting accountability, transparency and best practice in Government operations as a means to good governance..
• To protect OAG Information and its Infrastructure from external and Internal treats;
• Assure that OAG complies with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding Information access, security and privacy;
• Development of OAG information security policies, standards and procedures
• Develop and Implement and incident reporting and response system to address OAG security incidents (breaches), respond to alleged policy violations, or complaints from external parties
• Design, support OAG security systems, X-Ray luggage scanners, Walkthrough, Camera surveillance, etc
• Minimum proven experience of 2 years in a similar role;
• Rwandese nationality;
• Bachelor Degree (A0) in Computer science, Computer engineering, Information technology or the equivalent from a recognized University (this should be purely technical oriented, not business and so forth);
• Knowledge in Information security. The candidate should possess Security+. CISSP is an advantage.
• A proven ability to work on his/her own initiative is critical and also as part of a team providing IT support to a varied user base;
• To be aged 27 or below
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are required to submit their applications along with the relevant academic transcripts and copy of National Identity Card, in hard copy, addressed to the Auditor General, Office the Auditor General (OAG-RRA-NEC Complex), P.O Box 1020 Kigali- Rwanda: Not later than 12th September 2019 at 5:00 P.m.