Job – Infrastructure, Systems and Data Security Team Leader
Organization NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF STATISTICS OF RWANDA
Reports To Director of Data Revolution and Big Data Unit
No. of Positions 1
Key activities and responsibilities
In this role you can expect having the unique experience of shaping the realisation of the Data Revolution Policy at NISR. This includes overseeing the construction of IT infrastructure that will bring the Rwanda National Statistics System to an exceptional standard of practice in the field of data science and data management. In achieving this, successful applicants will be provided with ample opportunity to further their position as an expert in this exciting area of work.
As this is a new role in NISR, the successful candidate will be expected to shape their own role according to NISR’s needs, but NISR expects their main activities to include:
• Implement technology (hardware and software) for fulfilling the Data Revolution in NISR, and support other institutions in the development of big data ICT infrastructure.
• Develop and support the security and data management environment in the NISR Big Data Lab, ensuring that up to data security software is employed at all times.
• Assist in the design of institutional policies and strategies for data management and capacity building throughout the NSS, particularly in areas that require expertise in areas concerning ICT.
• Construct MySQL and NoSQL based databases with intuitive designs in order to best manage data within NISR and the NSS, while ensuring interoperability of these databases throughout the NSS. Ensure the effective translation of data management policy to the everyday practice of these databases.
• Promote best practices in data access and privacy by constructing, supporting and promoting effective user access control systems within the NISR and the NSS.
• Communicate with ICT specialists within the NSS in order to ensure collaboration and harmonisation of ICT infrastructure concerning data management and data collation, with a particular emphasis on the development of a national data portal.
• Assist proactively in the classification and secure storage of data within NISR and throughout the NSS.
• Take time to understand the priorities of NISR and the NSS within the ICT context and communicate and shape ICT infrastructure to best realise these priorities.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, ICT, Software engineering with three (3) years of relevant working experience in system Administration or cyber security.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th February, 2021.