Jobs at:African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances, and breakthrough discoveries! The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training in mathematical sciences, research, and public engagement in STEM. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational, and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS center opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, and Rwanda. Each AIMS Centre provides expertly tailored academic and non-academic programs, training around 50 African students each year and preparing them for leadership in the domains of academia, government, and industry. The AIMS academic program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment. .
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the… Grants Administrator! In this role and reporting to the Director, Grants and Program Finance, you will support program and grants team to develop the department’s annual budgets, monitor spending to ensure compliance with the approved budget, prepare timesheets analysis for pay costs recharges in the specified format to the agreed deadline, support the control of expense reports for program and grants staff, facilitate the link between Finance and Grants teams to ensure timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions against the correct cost centers, provide finance-related support to program and grants staff and maintain the filing of all invoices in the payment portal. As the Grants Administrator, you will Support the Grants Team in the preparation and control of the donors’ financial templates, assist the Grants Team in cleaning the Financial Data prior to the donors reports, support in Maintaining a donor report tracking system to ensure that responsible staff are aware of upcoming deadlines, including key donor and program milestones and deliverables, as well as tracking expenditures against donor budgets, assist the finance team with funds claims preparation, maintain electronic records of claims and supporting documentation. Additionally, you will help in data entry and collection and examination of supporting documents, draft memo/letters/reports, work on cost calculations, produce meeting minutes, undertake desk research and produce first draft reports. This is a full-time opportunity based at AIMS Secretariat, Kigali-Rwanda.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Do you have what we need?
• A bachelor’s degree in business administration (or any relevant subject) with 1 – 2 years of work experience as a grant analyst or accountant will be ab asset,
• Highly numerate and confident with data analysis,
• Advanced Excel Skills,
• Flexible to adapt to an evolving environment,
• Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter,
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines,
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work in multicultural teams,
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to explain financial matters to non-finance staff,
• Self-motivated and strong team player with the ability to prioritize workload whilst being flexible in your approach,
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and cope with seasonal pressure points,
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office with particular strength using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Internet applications such as Dropbox, Skype, Gmail, etc.
• Fluency in English is essential.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Complete the application form at this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScH4SzrplraCOvEqzDx2LNSed_OY0qZZQIjEq8Pv65Wl-cc5Q/viewform?gxids=7628 ; upload your letter of motivation including salary expectation, and a detailed CV in English, merged as one PDF file via the application form. Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScH4SzrplraCOvEqzDx2LNSed_OY0qZZQIjEq8Pv65Wl-cc5Q/viewform?gxids=7628 Applications will be accepted until November 5, 2020. Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion. AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS